Author Topic: Paul Pierce is the most underrated player in the NBA  (Read 10791 times)

Paul Pierce is the most underrated player in the NBA
« on: July 06, 2008, 10:07:19 PM »

Offline Pierce 34

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
I don' get it the guy plays with heart, he loves the game. I see pierce in the top 5 best players in the game because he can defend, shoot lights out from the 3 pt line, has a beautiful mid range jump and he improved his free throw % this year. He's one of the best in the game at getting "and 1's". I mean he can do things better than lebron or kobe can do. I can see pierce in the same category as Kobe and Lebron are in.

And to everyone on here that has a PS3 and play NBA 2k8, my SN is BOSTON-ASSASSIN

Edit: I retyped the entire thing in correct capitalization. Next time we just delete it, no all-caps posts.
-IP
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:24:54 PM by Redz »

Re: Paul Pierce is the most underated player in the Nba
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Capslock is the most underrated key on one's keyboard.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I like that NBA wasn't capped though in the title, its a nice touch

for your point, I think when one wins the NBA Finals MVP, its hard to say they are underrated anymore, and to say he is the most underrated in the NBA is kinda like saying Yao Ming is the shortest guy in the league, it just isn't true... the Truth is getting the respect he deserves now, winning brings that
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I don't think he's top five.  He's top fifteen, and arguably, top ten. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »

Offline Pierce 34

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Thanks man its because when i type a word in it writes in chinese so i gotta press enter everytime i get done with a word

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
for your point, I think when one wins the NBA Finals MVP, its hard to say they are underrated anymore.

Agreed.  He was given an award for being the most important player in the most important series of the 2007-2008 season.  Hard to say he's underrated.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:54:46 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I think this season has given the casual fans of the game exposure to Paul Pierce. They probably didn't get the chance to see him play very much in past years, because the Celtics hardly got any national TV time for a few years running.

Perhaps, group think may have shaped them to believe he was overrated, because of the records his teams have had over the years (before this year, a couple were good, some were bad, some were borderline).

I don't think he is "underrated" anymore, but he is definitely not overrated. History will remember him kindly as a winner from now until eternity, no matter how poorly he may fair in the future, because he's won the chip at least once, and has been Finals MVP. Those things alone will guarantee him a spot in the hall of fame - and deservedly so.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:04:38 AM by TradeProposalDude »

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Nah... those days are over. Yesterday I listened to an interview with Gallinari and at some point he said that he wanted to be a superstar in the NBA like LeBron, Kobe or.. Paul Pierce. 

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:15 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
These are the types of posts that make him overrated. No way is he a top 5 player (Kobe, Lebron, CP3, Howard and Wade come to mind, as in they alone are good enough to carry an okay team into at least the 2nd round of the playoffs -- Pierce isn't). Yes, he helped lead our team to glory, but he needed KG and the whole gang.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 11:41:43 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
These are the types of posts that make him overrated. No way is he a top 5 player (Kobe, Lebron, CP3, Howard and Wade come to mind, as in they alone are good enough to carry an okay team into at least the 2nd round of the playoffs -- Pierce isn't). Yes, he helped lead our team to glory, but he needed KG and the whole gang.

Disagree.  Pierce doesn't have the talent of LeBron, he doesn't play as effective a position as Paul or Howard, but he also hasn't had the coaching or the talent around him that Kobe and Wade have had.  I agree that up until this year, Pierce couldn't take a team to the second round, but now?  Who knows.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

capslock is autopilot for cool.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 12:05:28 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

capslock is autopilot for cool.

if using capslock is cool, call me MILES DAVIS

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 12:21:15 AM »

Offline carlherrera

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I agree he was underrated most of his career because he didn't have good teammates to take the team to the next level. now they win and he's suddenly getting all this recognition. His game didn't improve, he just got the visibility. It may be unfair but that's how it is.
Think about KG. Arguably the best player of his generation, but always had crappy teammates. Now he's suddenly a winner? The guy was always a "winner", it's just impossible to win without talent in the NBA.
I'm glad for PP and the rest of the team to be getting their dues. I'd say they are properly rated now :)

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:27:18 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I would say Pierce is top 5 smartest players in the league.

I don't think he's even top 15. He's good - but he gets by on his smarts.

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 12:30:23 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I would say Pierce is top 5 smartest players in the league.

I don't think he's even top 15. He's good - but he gets by on his smarts.

what exactly do you mean by smart?  Knowing his advantages vs. an opponents weaknesses?  I've seen this in how well he gets to the line, but I'm not sure I'd say he has a top 5 bballIQ... though his is pretty high