Author Topic: ray allen for elton brand  (Read 16513 times)

Re: ray allen for elton brand
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 10:13:28 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
If the C's are going to trade Allen

Celtics
  Ray Allen
6-5 SG from Connecticut
  Brian Scalabrine
6-9 PF from USC
Bucks
  Michael Redd
6-6 SG from Ohio State
  Charlie Villanueva
6-10 PF from Connecticut

Buck get Ray Allen and Scal plus cut payroll, C's get a younger SG (Redd) and a back up big for Perk and KG.

Villaneuva isn't a big man.  He's a soft 6-11 player who plays like he's 6-4.  He doesn't want anything to do with the paint.

Re: ray allen for elton brand
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 06:10:59 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
This trade doesn't make any sense for the Clippers anyway. They would be left with too many SG's (Mobley, Gordon, Allen). Neither of whom are tall or bulky enough to play the 3.
Not like it makes any sense for the Celtics whatsoever -- we'll be stuck with 4 PFs -- Garnett, Brand, Powe, and Davis.

And it's not even happening, but that's another issue. Man, I hate the off-season.

Yeah Powe and Davis are really gonna get in the way of Brand's minutes...I think the idea is Brand would be your 5, Kg your 4... the reserves would fill in as reserves
I am beyond wasting time on arguing in this ridiculous topic either way. Take it for what it's worth.

This whole website is about wasting your time. Sure the topic is ridiculous. The concept of being a pretend GM is ridiculous. Spending all your time talking about the Celtics is ridiculous.

If you have nothing constructive to say, stop posting!