Author Topic: John Riek  (Read 3029 times)

John Riek
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
What happened to this kid? A month ago he was projected to go first round or early second on draftexpress.com. I figured some team would atleast take him in the second round, hes a 7'3 long 19 year old high risk high reward guy. Does anyone know whats gonna happen to him now? Maybe he didn't end up declaring for the draft? although I believe he did, maybe he committed to a college? tommy points for answers!

Re: John Riek
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »

Offline Rizzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I think he tried declaring, but I'm not sure if he was actually eligible for the draft. On top of that, I don't think he's even signed on to play for a school, so what he will be doing next season is a total mystery. This kid was about as raw as raw could get and with another year for NBA scouts to check him out, he may not even be drafted in the next draft.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:02:53 PM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
I think he tried declaring, but I'm not sure if he was actually eligible for the draft. On top of that, I don't think he's even signed on to play for a school, so what he will be doing next season is a total mystery. This kid was about as raw as raw could get and with another year for NBA scouts to check him out, he may not even be drafted in the next draft.

If this kid went to any kind of big name college for a year he'd be a sure pick in the 09 draft. Or imagine if he went and played for all 4 years? Can you say lottery?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
I don't have the link anymore but I am positive he withdrew. He got destroyed in all the workouts and realized he wasn't ready. Don't know if he will try a college or what.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:52:59 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous