Author Topic: Chris Duhon agrees to join Knicks  (Read 8063 times)

Re: Chris Duhon agrees to join Knicks
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 01:25:14 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Wow. I thought Isiah wasn't in charge anymore. Giving a backup who had trouble finding time on a lottery team last year the full mid-level. That makes literally no sense. Nate Robinson and Marbury are both better than him and should get more playing time. Why would anyone give a third string point guard the full MLE? And no, he's not a starting point guard in this league. He has all the tools of a back up. Decent shooter, can't penetrate - can make coach-choreographed passes in a half court system, good ball handler and decent defensively. However, he's not starting material.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 01:28:10 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
If nothing else, this deal should put to rest any ideas that it won't take a full MLE deal to keep Posey in Boston.  The only question will be how many years should Ainge be willing to give him.

Just because the Knicks, year after year, dole out bad contracts does not mean the Celtics should.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i don't think it was such a bad move. the knicks need a roster haul and duhon's not a bad way to start.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
The coach got the player he wanted. I've always liked Duhon since his college days and I think he has it in him to be a good starter if he works hard this summer. I bid him good luck.

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

Offline earl

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'd start Duhon over Robinson or Marbury at this point. In fact, I wouldn't want Robinson or Marbury on my team at all. Duhon is not a world beater, and probably not worth that kind of money, but at some point you have to try and pull this team out of the ditch. Duhon is a solid, coachable player.

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
Duhon is a solid, coachable player.

Almost every player in the NBA should be coachable. Again, what makes Duhon worth more than the vet minimum? He's been a backup his entire career and had a string of DNP's on Chicago last year. For all this talk about him being coachable, what about the partying incident last year? Is he only coachable when it's convenient for him? That's neither here nor there. The bottom line is that more than 2 million a year for Chris Duhon is ridiculous. Luckily, it's only for 2 years.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
The money New York spends on its sports team is always ridiculous.

At least now they aren't bringing in a Pre-Madonna who won't pass the ball.

Good move because money doesn't matter to them.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 05:17:08 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
That's a shame. As a Duke fan I hate the fact that he's got to be on my poo list until he finds a new team.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
He's been a backup his entire career 
Duhon has started 159 out of his 300 career games.

That's playing his whole career on the same team as Kirk Hinrich plus the majority of his career with Ben Gordon at the two spot. Not an easy situation to get a starting spot.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Funny I'd say the Nets are frontrunners for Lebron in 2010 with the Cavs being in second.

There is zero chance LeBron ends up on the Knicks, if he makes the move to NY, he'll want his own, brand new team...i.e. Brooklyn Nets.

I think the Duhon signing will work out for the Knicks, the contract is a bit extreme, but money is no object. He's a huge upgrade over Starbury and Robinson because he'll actually pass the ball to his teammates. He should work well within D'Antoni's system.

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Funny I'd say the Nets are frontrunners for Lebron in 2010 with the Cavs being in second.

There is zero chance LeBron ends up on the Knicks, if he makes the move to NY, he'll want his own, brand new team...i.e. Brooklyn Nets.

"Zero chance?"  That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. Saying that it's not likely would be ok, but zero chance?

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

"Zero chance?"  That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say. Saying that it's not likely would be ok, but zero chance?

I'm sticking with zero chance. If he makes the move, it will be with Jay-Z and the Nets.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 02:27:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Duhon didn't sign for the full MLE:

Duhon is believed to have agreed to a contract around $6.5 million with New York--- or roughly $3.25 million a year.

Link.

If true, that's a lot more reason. 

(Hat tip to SW.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Is it commonly known that Chris Duhon has a taste for nightlife?

Quote from: Newsday
Among NBA players, Duhon has a reputation for partying.

"My personal life is my personal life," Duhon said. "My main focus here is to compete and make the New York Knicks a better team. That's my main goal and focus. I don't really comment about anything like that."

I had to share. Maybe a better fit in New York than I first thought.

Oh, also Newsday is reporting that Duhon's deal was two years, $11,616,800.