Author Topic: C’s work on Posey, work out others (some interesting names)  (Read 15416 times)

Re: C’s work on Posey, work out others (some interesting names)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 08:29:07 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I would be all for giving Darius Miles a chance. At this point in his career,  Miles is a high reward low risk player. You sign miles for the minimum, if he slips up, you cut him. I think Miles could be a nice role player who comes off the bench and gives some excitement. If his knee is healthy he should definitely be able to contribute on this team. It does seem that Danny is looking for athleticism though. Miles, Giddens, Walker... ect.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 08:55:04 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Darius Miles? Eeew.

...I don't know who half of the other guys are.

Randolph Morris, David Harrison, Eddie Basden?

I can help with Randolph Morris.  Was a huge recruit for kentucky.  6'10'' PF/C.  Has great skills and 'upside'.  Has the ability to score in the post and with short jumpers.  Wonderful touch offensively.  Can also get up and block some shots and a decent defender.  His weakness to this point is his aggressiveness and toughness.  Needs to be aggressive enough to block those shots and fight for rebounds.  He never seems to get excited in games, and always has a laid back demeanor.  I'm pretty sure him and Tay Prince are on the same meds. 

His game reminds me a lot of PJ Brown, but lacks his toughness, experience, or any ability to show facial expressions other than sleepy.

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 09:02:15 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Morris is interesting.

O'Blount makes me want to cry. I had the misfortune of watching him play in person three times in college, and that's six hours of my life I'll never get back.

His total indifference to the game makes Blount look like James Posey, in terms of hustle.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 09:07:30 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Darius Miles? Eeew.

...I don't know who half of the other guys are.

Randolph Morris, David Harrison, Eddie Basden?

I can help with Randolph Morris.  Was a huge recruit for kentucky.  6'10'' PF/C.  Has great skills and 'upside'.  Has the ability to score in the post and with short jumpers.  Wonderful touch offensively.  Can also get up and block some shots and a decent defender.  His weakness to this point is his aggressiveness and toughness.  Needs to be aggressive enough to block those shots and fight for rebounds.  He never seems to get excited in games, and always has a laid back demeanor.  I'm pretty sure him and Tay Prince are on the same meds. 

His game reminds me a lot of PJ Brown, but lacks his toughness, experience, or any ability to show facial expressions other than sleepy.

Please dont mistake my info on Randolph as a recommendation.  I am a cats fan, and will always root for him.  Part of me would love him to play here.  But i dont want to be responsible when he doesnt dive for a loose ball late in the finals. heh 

That said, he has shown glimpses of very very good and some energy plays and playing with KG and big daddy perk can only help his game.  But i'm still not ready to endorse him.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 09:33:18 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
darius miles and chris andersEn on the same team...wow, imagine how much smoke would come poring out of that opened hotel room door during a road trip... :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 09:44:23 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
darius miles and chris andersEn on the same team...wow, imagine how much smoke would come poring out of that opened hotel room door during a road trip... :)

Add Harrison in there and the team will be buying by the bale.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not a big fan of the Miles option.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Wow... Darius Miles got FAT and didn't he have some horrific knee injury that didn't allow him to play?

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 10:01:21 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Wow... Darius Miles got FAT and didn't he have some horrific knee injury that didn't allow him to play?

Yep.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blazers-waive-miles-041408.shtml

Also, a drug suspension.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=680&sport=NBA
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Not a big fan of any of those guys. Come on Danny, you're better than that.

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Not a big fan of any of those guys. Come on Danny, you're better than that.

I think he's just exploring options for minimum-salary, end of the roster additions.  None of the included names bother me too much, so long as we weren't actually relying upon them.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 10:44:18 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Danny will do better than that.

He definitely won't have to settle.  I think Harrison might be worth a gamble.  You can just waive him if he's not good enough.  He'd be the 12th man anyway.

Ideally I'd love to see Eddie and Posey come back, sign Zo and Harrisson to replace PJ and Pollard and sign Mo Evans or Brent Barry to replace TA.  Then Giddens replaces Sam and Walker can go overseas or replace Scal(just cut him already). 

Birdman could fit the defense niceley but Harrison seems to have a pretty good low post game.  Good size and strength with scoring ability down low.  Doesn't every team need that?

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
Stop wasting time, Danny, get Maggette pronto, and one big just in case Perks turns out to be damaged goods. We will have a long season to develop Pruitt and let next years' playoffs begin. With Magg. and a much improved Rondo offensively, this much maligned pessimist believes we would be alright. We need height down low. :-*
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Maggette has no reason NOT to be patient.   Wait to see what happens with Golden State and Brand.  See if there is a way that they can do a S/T with Baron Davis to get him more money.

What happens if Atlanta matches Josh Smith?   Or if Josh Smith becomes the backup plan to Elton Brand in Golden State?   Where does that leave Philadelphia?

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 11:01:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Maggette has no reason NOT to be patient.   Wait to see what happens with Golden State and Brand.  See if there is a way that they can do a S/T with Baron Davis to get him more money.

What happens if Atlanta matches Josh Smith?   Or if Josh Smith becomes the backup plan to Elton Brand in Golden State?   Where does that leave Philadelphia?

yep.

But that does become a problem for the Celtics if other players they want as fall backs start signing.   I hope he lets them know what MLE he is going to except if he doesn't get a bigger offer.