Author Topic: USA Basketball Team Photo Conspiracy.  (Read 12559 times)

Re: USA Basketball Team Photo Conspiracy.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Heres Jordan using the flag to cover the reebok logo on his shorts:

I mean... I guess that makes sense.  But if he's wearing warmups at all during the game aren't cameras inevitably going to pick it up at some point?

You know it's interesting, because I actually noticed that all the championship t-shirts and hats that the Celtics were wearing have adidas logos on them.   It didn't prevent any of the players on our team from wearing them.  Like Ray Allen for example.  Ray endorses Nike, but he sat in a press conference wearing an adidas t-shirt and hat.  Is that ok? 

But yeah I think if that Dwight HOward picture was taken by Nike it makes sense that they would cover his adidas shoe. 

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 05:54:18 AM »

Offline cmburrill

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
I would definitely not be surprised if there was something to it.

I love comparing heights to listed heights in photos like this.  Prince noticeably taller than Boozer, LeBron looks 2 inches taller than Melo (his head is slightly down, look at their shoulder/neck heights), Kobe looks 2 inches shorter than Melo.... my guess is Kobe 6'5", Melo 6'7", LeBron/Boozer 6'9", Prince 6'10".

I looked up official draft measurements and Boozer is shorter then Lebron w/o shoes...Melo is 6'8"in shoes...Prince was listed at 6'9". James gets like a a quarter inch in  shoes compared to Melo and Boozer...getting an inch

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
If this wasn't a Nike promotional picture, this would be a big deal, like if this was appearing on something produced by US basketball.

But since it's a Nike promotional shoot... should we be surprised?  It's not a conspiracy.  Obviously it isn't true that it was decided for "artistic" purposes, but that's just typical corporate ....

edited for masked profanity
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:58:12 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 11:34:18 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Why would Adidas hate this? They must love it. It's gotten Dwight Howard more attention for being an Adidas guy than they could have ever possibly hoped for.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 12:03:35 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Masked profanity my...!

Oh wait, nevermind.

Seriously though, I don't think what I said could be construed as profanity.  Those two little letters are used so commonly they exist in the English lexicon all by themselves.  And maybe I meant it to mean "that's a Bachelor of Science" !!!