Author Topic: 'Sota fan not happy with or for Garnett!  (Read 8682 times)

Re: 'Sota fan not happy with or for Garnett!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 10:09:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It was also odd that he wanted a Spurs-Pistons Finals:

'I was one of a few dozen people in the world hoping to see another Spurs-Pistons showdown')

But then complained about the slow pace do to the Celtic's defense:

'Everything just seemed to slow down to an uncomfortable pace. The main culprit was obviously the Celtics painfully deliberate offense and calculating defense (which, despite being incredibly over-hyped, somehow managed to completely drain Kobe’s confidence).'

???
Apparently the author was expecting an up and down the court offensive juggernaut of a series with the old and slow and deliberate San Antonio Spurs playing the not quite as old but just as slow and deliberate Detroit Pistons.

This guy was just chaulk full of stupid ideas when he penned this article.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 10:56:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
nice find nick, TP4U.

as to the actual article, or rather the author, let me speak for KG....

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I may be a lone wolf (so to speak) on this but I can understand a fan not caring about a former home town player winning a championship elsewhere.  The Bourque thing was weird as far as I was concerned.  Not a huge outcry for Antoine when he won with the Heat.

If Paul Pierce had requested a trade and left last year, I would have been indifferent about him winning a championship elsewhere. I guess I am a Celtics fan much more than I am a fan of indivdual players.  While they are here I love them all, once they leave I really don't care all that much.

And, on another note, when looking at the big picture, NBA players who play for years, earn millions and don't get a championship are very low on my list of folks to feel sorry for.  Most NBA players, star players or otherwise, do not end up winnning a championship in their careers.  Most work hard during their playing days, but I consider them to be highly blessed to be doing what they do, able to earn tons of money in their 20's and then 'retire' at 32 often with good health and hopefully a boatload of opportunities ahead of them.  No ring? Do you care? Championship rings are irrelevant unless they say 'Boston Celtics' on them.  If I were a Minny fan, I think I'd feel nothing for KG -- my concern would be that my team is still awful.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:12 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I wouldn't think much of it.  In this blogging age, you can find opposing sides to even the most obvious of rules.  And in this case, this opinion is the exception that proves the rule - Minnesotans and Timberwolves fans are happy for KG.

(P.S. - This guy is a tool).

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

"Minneapolis is not Boston. While it would be nice to be able to mortgage our future and purchase titles in all major sports,..........."

Since when did team owners spending money become a bad thing? Oh, I'd much rather be a Suns fan and watch my favorite team's title hopes go out the window over a few mil( well, and crooked refs- check that, one crooked ref. David Stern already said it was just one. End of story.)

Besides what " future " was mortgaged? Pierce, Big Al, and Yi? I'll take what we got now. Have fun watching Corey Brewer dude.

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
Some people are just haters.

Hating is well deserved for players like Kobe.
He's always whining about something.
He has a horrible attitude. He's got talent
but that's about all I can say that is positive about him.

KG is a great, respectful, talented player.
He plays with heart and class.
I don't know why anyone would hate on him...
unless they are just haters. In this case,
the author is just a hater.
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 04:31:25 AM »

Offline CelticsFan12345

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
im a celtics fan that lives here in Minnesota, and i can say that without a doubt the only basketball people will talk about with a positive tone is Minnesota Gopher basketball, hahah lol, meanwhile i'm happy as hell laughing my butt off, at these Minnesota fans, who have had every good player taken away from them basically, Johan Santana, David Ortiz, Randy Moss, KG, i mean there's a few but yeah very funny how stupid MN Sport's teams managers are ;D

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 08:37:19 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Good find. This guy is a classic sore loser.

"In the midst of one of his classic, expletive riddled rants, he mumbled, “this one’s for everyone back in ‘Sota.”  Gee, that’s great Kev. Nothing says thank you for two hundred million dollars and twelve years of undying loyalty like a two second dedication."
Apparently nothing says thank you for 12 Hall of Fame, top-20-player-ever-to-play-the-game, championship-quality-years like a "go eff yourself" fanblog article. Huh?

I especially enjoyed that part. It will be great when Al Jefferson comes back in 6 years to win a championship and we get part II of this guy's cryfest.

Raoul...I mean MGG, you just earned
yourself your 99th TP.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm sure most Wolves fans were happy for KG when they won.  If Minnesota wins in three years I will be happy for Big Al and Gomes.  To me they're almost like the Celtics minor league team.  As long as Al is there I'll be rooting for them.

Something sort of related, I went to Pearl Jam on Monday and the guitar player was wearing a Ray Allen Sonics jersey.  PJ is from Seattle.  I would think that most of Seattle was rooting for the Celtics over the Lakers too.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I may be a lone wolf (so to speak) on this but I can understand a fan not caring about a former home town player winning a championship elsewhere.  The Bourque thing was weird as far as I was concerned.  Not a huge outcry for Antoine when he won with the Heat.

If Paul Pierce had requested a trade and left last year, I would have been indifferent about him winning a championship elsewhere. I guess I am a Celtics fan much more than I am a fan of indivdual players.  While they are here I love them all, once they leave I really don't care all that much.

And, on another note, when looking at the big picture, NBA players who play for years, earn millions and don't get a championship are very low on my list of folks to feel sorry for.  Most NBA players, star players or otherwise, do not end up winnning a championship in their careers.  Most work hard during their playing days, but I consider them to be highly blessed to be doing what they do, able to earn tons of money in their 20's and then 'retire' at 32 often with good health and hopefully a boatload of opportunities ahead of them.  No ring? Do you care? Championship rings are irrelevant unless they say 'Boston Celtics' on them.  If I were a Minny fan, I think I'd feel nothing for KG -- my concern would be that my team is still awful.

PLAYERS MAKE THE FRANCHISE not the other way around.

If KG don't come to Boston, we are just another mediocre Wizards team.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
im a celtics fan that lives here in Minnesota, and i can say that without a doubt the only basketball people will talk about with a positive tone is Minnesota Gopher basketball, hahah lol, meanwhile i'm happy as hell laughing my butt off, at these Minnesota fans, who have had every good player taken away from them basically, Johan Santana, David Ortiz, Randy Moss, KG, i mean there's a few but yeah very funny how stupid MN Sport's teams managers are ;D

We still have Mauer, Morneau, Peterson, the best O-line AND D-line in football, and now Big Al.... so there!!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.