Author Topic: 'Sota fan not happy with or for Garnett!  (Read 8641 times)

'Sota fan not happy with or for Garnett!
« on: July 03, 2008, 01:49:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just came upon this. Just a classic piece of "why can't we get guys who can win us championships" sour grapes crap.

http://www.wedraftedpooh.net/?p=7

Here's a sampling of some of the more idiotic stuff this guy wrote:

"Like most I was dissatisfied with the quality of play in the finals, particularly after such an incredible regular season and opening two rounds of playoffs. Everything just seemed to slow down to an uncomfortable pace. The main culprit was obviously the Celtics painfully deliberate offense and calculating defense (which, despite being incredibly over-hyped, somehow managed to completely drain Kobe’s confidence)."

One of the highest statistically ranked and best performing defense's of the past 30 years is over-hyped?

"As I reflected on such thoughts, my phone began to buzz violently with a flurry of text messages, most of which could be divided into two categories - those from people that know me well enough to understand I’d be disappointed about the Celts winning, and those that assumed for some reason I’d be thrilled to see Garnett hoist the trophy.

Why would that bring me joy? Because he deserves it?"

Yeah, because he did deserve it. He gave his heart and soul to that team. Players like that deserve championships.

"Minneapolis is not Boston. While it would be nice to be able to mortgage our future and purchase titles in all major sports, this is simply not the market for it."

Apparently Minneappolis isn't Boston because when our great hockey hero Ray Bourque won a much deserved championship elsewhere because management couldn't do their job and get him the players and coaches he needed to win it all, Boston threw him a parade. I guess the people in Minny just throw their heroes under the bus.

"In the midst of one of his classic, expletive riddled rants, he mumbled, “this one’s for everyone back in ‘Sota.”  Gee, that’s great Kev. Nothing says thank you for two hundred million dollars and twelve years of undying loyalty like a two second dedication."
Apparently nothing says thank you for 12 Hall of Fame, top-20-player-ever-to-play-the-game, championship-quality-years like a "go eff yourself" fanblog article. Huh?

Re: 'Sota fan not happy with or for Garnett!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:53:19 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Good find. This guy is a classic sore loser.

"In the midst of one of his classic, expletive riddled rants, he mumbled, “this one’s for everyone back in ‘Sota.”  Gee, that’s great Kev. Nothing says thank you for two hundred million dollars and twelve years of undying loyalty like a two second dedication."
Apparently nothing says thank you for 12 Hall of Fame, top-20-player-ever-to-play-the-game, championship-quality-years like a "go eff yourself" fanblog article. Huh?

I especially enjoyed that part. It will be great when Al Jefferson comes back in 6 years to win a championship and we get part II of this guy's cryfest.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 03:41:05 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I can see some of his points to a degree. I wasn't crazy about number 77 winning one somewhere else. I wasn't mad like him but it didn't make me happy.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:10:52 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I can see some of his points to a degree. I wasn't crazy about number 77 winning one somewhere else. I wasn't mad like him but it didn't make me happy.

I cried when Ray Bourque won the Stanley Cup.  I was so happy for him and so angry that he couldn't have done it with us.  It was a lot of emotion.

With that said, screw this guy.  Your team sucks.  It wasn't the-greatest-athlete-in-the-history-of-your-state's fault that he never asked to leave and wanted nothing more to win a title for your inept franchise.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:22:31 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
To me the author's just jealous of Boston (and of KG's money IMO-with some mentioning about KG being the highest paid guy and he hasn't won a ring with 'sota), I can't believe what he said about KG thanking 'sota for lik 2 seconds, i just laughed when I read that bit, he had like a 2 minute interview in which he only took about 10 seconds to thank people, and 'sota was one of 4 things he mentioned-what more does he want? Apologise for 'tanking' and not being able to win? lol
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 05:30:23 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
What makes it more ridiculous is that he was traded, he didn't walk away from them.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:30:59 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
"Like most I was dissatisfied with the quality of play in the finals, particularly after such an incredible regular season and opening two rounds of playoffs. Everything just seemed to slow down to an uncomfortable pace. The main culprit was obviously the Celtics painfully deliberate offense and calculating defense (which, despite being incredibly over-hyped, somehow managed to completely drain Kobe’s confidence)."

The author the same dude (Max) that writes over on Bleacher Report?!?   ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
calculating defense (which, despite being incredibly over-hyped, somehow managed to completely drain Kobe’s confidence)

I like that sentence so much.  It cracks me up.  How can someone have any credibility when they're shocked that they're proving themselves wrong in their own parenthesis?  It'd be like watching a nature show and the narrator saying, "The bird, despite me thinking it was a turtle, somehow managed to fly."
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
basically, minne was jealous.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:47:06 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
This reminds me of an e-mail I got from an irate Oklahoma State admissions evaluator after a semi-joking comment about Tony Allen's low basketball IQ.  An excerpt:

These guys are trying their hardest to play well, for themselves, the fans and
the team. They don't need crap from their own supposed "fanbase"--they get
enough from the opposing fans.

Maybe it's an East Coast thing and we're just a lot more respectful of our
athletes in the Midwest.

Yeah, good call on that one.  Great to see this representation of 'Sota following right along the courteous path.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:53:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This reminds me of an e-mail I got from an irate Oklahoma State admissions evaluator after a semi-joking comment about Tony Allen's low basketball IQ.  An excerpt:

athletes in the Midwest.

Yeah, good call on that one.  Great to see this representation of 'Sota following right along the courteous path.

-sw

Good one Steve. Always adding just the right bit of perspective on the situation.

My guess is if your friend reads this blog you will be receiving an e-mail saying that he meant small town midwest.

Cuz dem dar peopol in dem dar big cities are a bit o diffrnt breed.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:55:16 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
Also, for what it's worth, it looks like this guy is getting hammered across the board in the comments section.  Fair enough.

On another note, I'm intrigued about the title of the site given the fact that we've long since moved into the era of free agency and abundant player movement.

Here's hoping the "We drafted Mamba" site from the few Hornets fans left in Charlotte is on the way soon...

(Yes, yes...somewhat tongue in cheek...I understand that KG's tenure in Minny was a bit different from KB24's in Charlotte...)

-sw

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

athletes in the Midwest.

-sw

Good one Steve. Always adding just the right bit of perspective on the situation.

My guess is if your friend reads this blog you will be receiving an e-mail saying that he meant small town midwest.

Cuz dem dar peopol in dem dar big cities are a bit o diffrnt breed.

Heh, TP nick...thanks for the laugh (and for posting -- and dissecting -- this in the first place).  And while we're on the subject of "Really cool things nick has done lately," I loved the Santa thread yesterday.

In the meantime, you can rest assured the "friend" (as you put it) from OK State won't be reading this -- TA ax-grinding is mostly her forte.

-sw

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:50:34 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The Ray Bourque celebration was weird.
Yup

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »

Online jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
It was also odd that he wanted a Spurs-Pistons Finals:

'I was one of a few dozen people in the world hoping to see another Spurs-Pistons showdown')

But then complained about the slow pace do to the Celtic's defense:

'Everything just seemed to slow down to an uncomfortable pace. The main culprit was obviously the Celtics painfully deliberate offense and calculating defense (which, despite being incredibly over-hyped, somehow managed to completely drain Kobe’s confidence).'

???