Author Topic: Brett Favre may be unretiring  (Read 9911 times)

Re: Brett Farve may be unretiring
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Wait, I just thought about it.  What does this do to the Madden Jinx?
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak9YPl.KkUZMr4pQv26NyCA5nYcB?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

According to this, Brett Favre is asking for release from the Packers, to sign with another team.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I know one team that could definitely use him...Vikings...that would be sick as well

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
this kinda stuff is only cool when the guy retires for more than an offseason.  I seem to remember Charles Barkley use to "retire" all the time during the offseason and then sign back.   For it to be a "comeback", doesn't there have to be a gap between seasons?

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 12:40:06 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
this kinda stuff is only cool when the guy retires for more than an offseason.  I seem to remember Charles Barkley use to "retire" all the time during the offseason and then sign back.   For it to be a "comeback", doesn't there have to be a gap between seasons?

SportsCenter is reporting he asked to be released because they weren't making it clear to him they were excited to have him back.

Am I the only one who thinks Favre maybe needs to get over himself a little bit?  Even after he "retires" he has to be the center of attention.

Re: Brett Favre may be unretiring
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I hope he comes back and does terrible. Then comes back again next year.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 01:03:26 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Brett can still play. Imagine if the Bears had him during their superbowl run instead of that crap they were throwing out there..

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »

Offline Sun Devil

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
good thing i picked him up on my fantasy team a couple weeks ago for no kinda money at all

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 10:52:03 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
They should trade his narcissistic arse to the Calgary Stampeders.
this kinda stuff is only cool when the guy retires for more than an offseason.  I seem to remember Charles Barkley use to "retire" all the time during the offseason and then sign back.   For it to be a "comeback", doesn't there have to be a gap between seasons?

SportsCenter is reporting he asked to be released because they weren't making it clear to him they were excited to have him back.

Am I the only one who thinks Favre maybe needs to get over himself a little bit?  Even after he "retires" he has to be the center of attention.

In a bizarre move of treason, the Packers' management and teammates didn't engage in a series of collective cartwheels to show their solidarity in begging Mr Wonderful to come back.

Barkley didn't make a self-righteous fool of himself after every season like Favre has.  I think Favre expected Packers' management to hold focus groups with the cheeseheads to come up with a marketing plan to beg him to come back and save the franchise.   I think the Packers' organization just tired of being held hostage by this fool. They should not budge.  If Favre wants to come back as a backup, fine.  If not, he should be traded.  But to cow-tow to this selfish jerk would send a bad message to every player in their organization.