Author Topic: Posey talkinq to lakers?.?  (Read 19747 times)

Re: Posey talkinq to lakers?.?
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
If I'm Posey I'm weighing:

LA:

WAY better weather

Nicer chicks by far (with or without enhancements)

Kobe and all that it entails as a "teammate"

Boston:

play with Ubuntu and KG, PP and RA

absolutely miserable weather (if you go by the last 12 months, for sure)

Grab another ring.

If I'm Posey, I have to admit it's tempting.

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

LA:

WAY better weather

Boston:

Grab another ring.

I don't think LA is looking to drop a full MLE for 4 years on Posey. They're more focused on keeping Turiaf and Vujacic. They can't loose those 2, especially Vujacic. I don't think LA (and its lack of a big offer) is weighing that heavily on Posey's mind.

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5

LA:

WAY better weather

Boston:

Grab another ring.

Yeah, chicks & nice weather and higher cost of living/taxes on a reasonable mansion in Malibu vs weather he is used to and a virtual pick of the litter of NorthEastern chicks still high taxes but more reasonable cost for a 5000sqft crib... Tough on him, I know, I know  ::) LOL

Of course, they're on the road a third of the year, anyways...

But more seriously, feeling comfortable in your teamates and a continuation of a role on a team that is now well along in its gelling mode and as good of a shot at another ring as anywhere else vs team anti-Ubuntu still in shake-up mode with a headcase for its leader, although wining always helps with that, things seem much more in flux moving into that clubhouse IMO...

Now's the time to pick up a nice underpriced waterfront crib out in Cal. though, I guess, and after seeing K.G. place out there, no doubt it gives one some ideas too...

"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2008, 10:39:54 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191

LA:

WAY better weather

Boston:

Grab another ring.

Yeah, chicks & nice weather and higher cost of living/taxes on a reasonable mansion in Malibu vs weather he is used to and a virtual pick of the litter of NorthEastern chicks still high taxes but more reasonable cost for a 5000sqft crib... Tough on him, I know, I know  ::) LOL

Of course, they're on the road a third of the year, anyways...

But more seriously, feeling comfortable in your teamates and a continuation of a role on a team that is now well along in its gelling mode and as good of a shot at another ring as anywhere else vs team anti-Ubuntu still in shake-up mode with a headcase for its leader, although wining always helps with that, things seem much more in flux moving into that clubhouse IMO...

Now's the time to pick up a nice underpriced waterfront crib out in Cal. though, I guess, and after seeing K.G. place out there, no doubt it gives one some ideas too...

No question, Posey with the Big 3 and the youngsters were a magical combination this year. I just wonder if he'd be up for a change of scenery. We'll find out where his priorities are soon enough. If I were in his place I wonder if I'd be willing to resist the land of In-n-Out Burger and the Green Flash. Depending upon the contract he could get a place in Malibu down the street from KG.

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2008, 11:05:39 PM »

Offline dooyork

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 42
Who the hell cares if Posey gets a 5 year contract as opposed to a 4 year contract?  Keep this unit together!  They just won the championship, and Posey was a big part of it!  We are not in rebuilding mode, they rebuilt again and again, and finally got it right.  Keep this team together.  By the time Posey's at the end of his contract, the window of opportunity with KG, PP and RA will be closed anyway, so who cares?  Win now!  Keep him, whatever the cost!
Double rainbow all the way

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 10:16:16 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Who the hell cares if Posey gets a 5 year contract as opposed to a 4 year contract?

The guys who have to pay for the contract.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 10:34:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Who the hell cares if Posey gets a 5 year contract as opposed to a 4 year contract?  Keep this unit together!  They just won the championship, and Posey was a big part of it!  We are not in rebuilding mode, they rebuilt again and again, and finally got it right.  Keep this team together.  By the time Posey's at the end of his contract, the window of opportunity with KG, PP and RA will be closed anyway, so who cares?  Win now!  Keep him, whatever the cost!

We will when he gets to the end of the contract.  We will when he is not longer as effective, but his cap hit keeps the Celtics from adding a younger more talented player because of tax issues. 

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

We will when he gets to the end of the contract.  We will when he is not longer as effective, but his cap hit keeps the Celtics from adding a younger more talented player because of tax issues. 

Yep.  Whether the "big three" are here in four or five seasons or not, we don't want a lot of bad contracts clogging our payroll flexibility.

I say three years max, unless he wants to sign a very reasonable deal, salary wise.  I'd potentially give him money or years, but not both.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions