Author Topic: Posey talkinq to lakers?.?  (Read 19834 times)

Re: Posey talkinq to lakers?.?
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 06:31:34 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Posey has rejected dannys offer of prob a three year deal worth 15 million i bet. danny won't go beyond 4 years and 20 million.(which is what posey wants)

if posey doesn't resign i wish him the best

any source on this tri? not doubting you, just haven't heard anything about any of our offers.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2008, 08:09:46 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I went to a Clippers season ticket holders party 2 seasons ago.  They introduced the new Clipper girls.  I was confused when they said 4 had transferred from the Suns and some of our Clipper girls had gone to other teams.  I thought "How can these women cheer so intensely for our team and do the same for another team, Is it possible they aren't die hard Clipper fans?".  I quickly pushed the thought aside.  I can't live in that kind of world.

You shouldn't have to. No one should. I guess its lucky for us that Boston Celtic Dancers aren't made, they are born.

Haha.  I guess you haven't look at Laker Girl "Whitney", who looks suspiciously like (i.e., exactly the same as) last year's Celtic Dancer "Whitney". ;)

Sadly, blog rules prohibit me from displaying photographic evidence.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

My Nightmare - Posey to LA
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Hey guys, so last night I had a dream that the Celts were back in the Finals with LA next year, who now had Bynum, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, AND POSEY!! I specifically remember Pierce trying to get to the bucket, and Posey totally owning him... Just because Garnett came up big in his last game does not make up for the fact that in the crunch time, Pierce is our go to guy, followed by Allen, and than Garnett... So having Pierce be shut down really sucks... Do no forget that our defense was anchored by Pierce, Garnett, and POSEY...

We really have to resign this guy, because if my nightmare comes true, that cannot mean anything good for our good ol' celts...

As much as I love the Celts and hate to say it I would probably pick that Lakers team to beat this Celts team sans Posey... Posey teamed up with Garnett and Perk to make us a mean team, and one of the Lakers major problems this year is that they consisted of a bunch of pretty AAU boys, who just needed to add some toughness, which Posey could team them, and make contagious... Never forget what Posey did to Chicago... Once Posey signs with a team, hes not going to care about the past, only about what to do to win, which comes through toughness and defense...

Lets hope my nightmare will be just that, and that Danny does what he needs to to sign Posey...

Re: My Nightmare - Posey to LA
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Hey guys, so last night I had a dream that the Celts were back in the Finals with LA next year, who now had Bynum, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, AND POSEY!! I specifically remember Pierce trying to get to the bucket, and Posey totally owning him... Just because Garnett came up big in his last game does not make up for the fact that in the crunch time, Pierce is our go to guy, followed by Allen, and than Garnett... So having Pierce be shut down really sucks... Do no forget that our defense was anchored by Pierce, Garnett, and POSEY...

We really have to resign this guy, because if my nightmare comes true, that cannot mean anything good for our good ol' celts...

As much as I love the Celts and hate to say it I would probably pick that Lakers team to beat this Celts team sans Posey... Posey teamed up with Garnett and Perk to make us a mean team, and one of the Lakers major problems this year is that they consisted of a bunch of pretty AAU boys, who just needed to add some toughness, which Posey could team them, and make contagious... Never forget what Posey did to Chicago... Once Posey signs with a team, hes not going to care about the past, only about what to do to win, which comes through toughness and defense...

Lets hope my nightmare will be just that, and that Danny does what he needs to to sign Posey...
I wouldn't worry about that nightmare.  They might not even make the Finals without Posey.

If you look at the teams he could go to, LA and Cleveland look like the best opportunities for him.  He could start and have a good shot at a title.  If he stays here he's probably on the bench.  I would start him over Wally or Radmonovic.  The only way he wouldn't start in LA is if Bynum, Odom and Gasol all start.  Which probably leaves his hometown of Cleveland as the place to go.  Or sticking here in Boston.  Hopefully the C's pay him and he sticks around.  He's our Horry.

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
I don't want him to go anywhere.  :'(

"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
It doesn't surprise me ... look, I know it's difficult to deal with, but if your girl is talking to another guy at the bar, you can't get jealous, maybe she needs a self-esteem boost, to know other guys are still interested. Maybe he instigated it and she's just being nice, cause she thinks he's cute, or knows his friend. Sure it's not fun, but if she comes back and nothing happened then its great and you've got an outstanding relationship, if she leaves with that guy then good, cause you don't want a girl like that around anyway.

I know it's not the same, but that's the first thing that came to my head.

This is the first thing that came to my head in reading the above....

King of Swamp Castle: One day, lad, all this will be yours.
Prince Herbert: What, the curtains?
King: No, not the curtains, lad.
King: Listen, lad, in twenty minutes you're going to be married to a girl whose father owns the biggest tracts of open land in Britain.
Prince Herbert: But I don't want land.
King: Listen, Alice--
Prince Herbert: Herbert.
King: Herbert. We built this castle on a bloody swamp, we need all the land we can get!
Prince Herbert: But I don't like her.
 King: Don't like her? What's wrong with her?! She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge ... tracts of land.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Re: My Nightmare - Posey to LA
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I wouldn't worry about that nightmare.  They might not even make the Finals without Posey.

If you look at the teams he could go to, LA and Cleveland look like the best opportunities for him.  He could start and have a good shot at a title.  If he stays here he's probably on the bench.  I would start him over Wally or Radmonovic.  The only way he wouldn't start in LA is if Bynum, Odom and Gasol all start.  Which probably leaves his hometown of Cleveland as the place to go.  Or sticking here in Boston.  Hopefully the C's pay him and he sticks around.  He's our Horry.

clevland and detroit are much more practical than the lakers, they already have like 4 SF's.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 03:59:06 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I'd offer Posey 4 years and $20 million. That would take about $4.6 of cap space this year, leaving us with about a million to sign Walker or another free agent. I'd absolutely offer that. I'd rather do the full MLE for 3 years -> prob. about $18 mil. and sign Walker to a rookie minimum 2 year deal or use the LLE for that signing, but I'm fine with 4 and 20.

Look, it might be overpaying, but you know what, if there's a time to overpay, it's now, when you have a legit chance to win back to back titles. And I'm not sure who we can get for the MLE that will give us the same contributions that Posey can. Right now, he's perfect in our system offensively and defensively. He's a leader of our team, both through words and example, much more than he's credited for. (Small example - in the LA series, Games  and 4, he was the one who changed not only the defensive but also the offensive tempo by taking the ball to the basket repeatedly, even though that's not his game? Why? Because he knew we needed Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to do that to win, and he inspired them to do so. He's just a smart leader who reads the game well.) I think signing him for 4 years $20 mil or a full MLE offer is overpaying. But I think letting him go because you won't spend that will be disastrous.

There are a lot of guys who we wouldn't have won this title without. Sam Cassell won Game 1 against Cleveland. Without that game, who knows if we even make the ECF? PJ Brown was crucial to a couple of our wins. Eddie House was enormous. Leon Powe even. But those guys are replaceable. We can pick up another energetic short shooter who plays subpar to terrible defense. We can pick up another old center who can grab some key rebounds. We can find another aggressive, undersized power forward. But I don't see a lot of 6'8" defensive stoppers who can legitimately man up on everybody from Kobe Bryant to Dirk Nowitzki AND make absolutely enormous 3s when you need them most AND be a true leader. There are some guys who might be able to do that, but there's only one guy we all know can do that and has fit seamlessly into this team.

Pay him. Pay that man his mahn-ey.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'd offer Posey 4 years and $20 million. That would take about $4.6 of cap space this year, leaving us with about a million to sign Walker or another free agent. I'd absolutely offer that. I'd rather do the full MLE for 3 years -> prob. about $18 mil. and sign Walker to a rookie minimum 2 year deal or use the LLE for that signing, but I'm fine with 4 and 20.

Look, it might be overpaying, but you know what, if there's a time to overpay, it's now, when you have a legit chance to win back to back titles. And I'm not sure who we can get for the MLE that will give us the same contributions that Posey can. Right now, he's perfect in our system offensively and defensively. He's a leader of our team, both through words and example, much more than he's credited for. (Small example - in the LA series, Games  and 4, he was the one who changed not only the defensive but also the offensive tempo by taking the ball to the basket repeatedly, even though that's not his game? Why? Because he knew we needed Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to do that to win, and he inspired them to do so. He's just a smart leader who reads the game well.) I think signing him for 4 years $20 mil or a full MLE offer is overpaying. But I think letting him go because you won't spend that will be disastrous.

There are a lot of guys who we wouldn't have won this title without. Sam Cassell won Game 1 against Cleveland. Without that game, who knows if we even make the ECF? PJ Brown was crucial to a couple of our wins. Eddie House was enormous. Leon Powe even. But those guys are replaceable. We can pick up another energetic short shooter who plays subpar to terrible defense. We can pick up another old center who can grab some key rebounds. We can find another aggressive, undersized power forward. But I don't see a lot of 6'8" defensive stoppers who can legitimately man up on everybody from Kobe Bryant to Dirk Nowitzki AND make absolutely enormous 3s when you need them most AND be a true leader. There are some guys who might be able to do that, but there's only one guy we all know can do that and has fit seamlessly into this team.

Pay him. Pay that man his mahn-ey.

Exactly, my man and a TP for saying so convincingly and with conviction!
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »

Offline dooyork

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 42
Hey guys, so last night I had a dream that the Celts were back in the Finals with LA next year, who now had Bynum, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, AND POSEY!! I specifically remember Pierce trying to get to the bucket, and Posey totally owning him...

Last night I had a nightmare that Posey signed with Miami again, and I was reading about it on the ESPN ticker.  I'm sure Miami is not a realistic suitor in real life, but him signing anywhere other than Boston would be a nightmare for me, even if he's replaced with a quality player like Magette, Barnes, or Pietrus.  Please Danny, don't throw away this team's glue guy!
Double rainbow all the way

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Hey guys, so last night I had a dream that the Celts were back in the Finals with LA next year, who now had Bynum, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, AND POSEY!! I specifically remember Pierce trying to get to the bucket, and Posey totally owning him...

Last night I had a nightmare that Posey signed with Miami again, and I was reading about it on the ESPN ticker.  I'm sure Miami is not a realistic suitor in real life, but him signing anywhere other than Boston would be a nightmare for me, even if he's replaced with a quality player like Magette, Barnes, or Pietrus.  Please Danny, don't throw away this team's glue guy!

It won't be danny's fault - it will be the agent's.

Posey doesn't deserve a 5 year deal, I'm sorry.  He'd be on the books longer than Pierce and KG.  Give me a break.

3 years at MLE sounds fair to me.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
Hoopsworld: Sources close to the situation contend James Posey would love to be a Laker and that the Lakers are willing to go the full exception to land him.

Please don't make me lose all my respect for you Po-Z....anywhere but there. HoopsWorld is a doo-doo source anyways....but...

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I have to fight a nagging feeling that Posey is overrated. I hate the cliche, but his value really is in the intangibles, not necessarily the numbers. There are certain things he brings to the team that you can't replace with a like body or shot... That said, I'm betting that Ainge won't overpay for him. He'll set a value and say all the right things. What it will come down to is does someone else make Posey a ridiculous offer he can't refuse. I mean if it were one of us and we'd made a certain level of income and then our value was perceived to be higher and someone offered us monopoly $, we'd take it, I expect Posey to do the same if the $ is there. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. A man can hope.
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5

It won't be danny's fault - it will be the agent's.

Posey doesn't deserve a 5 year deal, I'm sorry.  He'd be on the books longer than Pierce and KG.  Give me a break.

3 years at MLE sounds fair to me.

I suspect this is where it is at. D.A. is offering something like 5mil of the MLE for 3 years and Poze would except that but wants a  4 yr contract with us and is talking to L.A. about a five year contract. Tough business call on James part, and if i
 were him I would have to sign where the longest contract is offered if it makes a 13 millon difference, and I don't like tieing our hand for that long, but maybe for 4 years @ 5 million ea. as a last counter offer!?!
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Someone has probably said this already, as I haven't read every post on this subject in the forums, but this kinda reminds me of the Mike Lowell situation last year. Everyone was all freaked out that Lowell was gonna get this enormous contract somewhere else, but when it came down to it, Boston had the best offer (or tied for the best offer). Yes, of course Cleveland and LA sound like plausible destinations, but those are really the only teams that make sense and is it worth it to them to totally overpay? When it comes down to it, hopefully a nice 3-year 15 mill contract is accepted...