Author Topic: Ron Artest is sorry he didn't Opt out  (Read 6129 times)

Ron Artest is sorry he didn't Opt out
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53330/20080701/artest_regrets_not_opting_out/

wow this guy is so bipolar he doesn't know what he wants. How can you not know what your options are. I know you have an agent, but do a little research for yourself, you can look at teams salary situations right online and then make an educated decision for yourself, dummy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 09:34:34 PM by Redz »

Re: Ron Artest in sorry he didn't Opt out
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
He's in a difficult situation because not enough teams want to pay him serious money or give up serious assets to acquire him. It's all his own fault.

He shouldn't feel bad. He wasn't going to earn more money in free agency anyway.

He should demand a trade though. Benefit himself and the club because they're winning too much with Ronnie in town and going absolutely nowhere.

Re: Ron Artest is sorry he didn't Opt out
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
yea I see him ending up in LA along with Kenny Thomas for Lamar Odom. That will only intensify the Celtics Lakers Rivalry after the things Artest said about KG during the finals.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716
wow, what "misleading" information did he have? Did he think the kings were going to get baron davis or something?

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53330/20080701/artest_regrets_not_opting_out/

wow this guy is so bipolar he doesn't know what he wants. How can you not know what your options are. I know you have an agent, but do a little research for yourself, you can look at teams salary situations right online and then make an educated decision for yourself, dummy.

I'll explain:

Nobody knew that Brand and Baron had agreed to play together. They both opted out at the last minute. Artest has a point. The "misleading" information he had was that they'd both stay with their teams. That's what everybody in the league was thinking till a minute before the deadline.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
To bad.  He had his own choice to make.

Plus, who was out there to offer more then the MLE for him? 

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:43:17 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
yea I see him ending up in LA along with Kenny Thomas for Lamar Odom. That will only intensify the Celtics Lakers Rivalry after the things Artest said about KG during the finals.

I think Kobe would like that move. He'd look at Artest as his "Rodman."  Artest is pretty hilarious though. If he opted out or not, you know he will be threatening to retire sometime in the next year.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716

I'll explain:

Nobody knew that Brand and Baron had agreed to play together. They both opted out at the last minute. Artest has a point. The "misleading" information he had was that they'd both stay with their teams. That's what everybody in the league was thinking till a minute before the deadline.

yes, but am I missing something? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm just wondering, what does that have to do with artest? I don't hink it would affect the offers he would have gotten on the FA market in a positive way.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I'll explain:

I have heard talk about Baron Davis opting out of his contract all year long.  If I recall correctly last year Davis was pretty peeved that the Warriors wouldn't sign him to a long term deal, so this is not that big of a surprise IMO.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I'll explain:

I have heard talk about Baron Davis opting out of his contract all year long.  If I recall correctly last year Davis was pretty peeved that the Warriors wouldn't sign him to a long term deal, so this is not that big of a surprise IMO.

yea, i heard that too and figured he would, sounded like alot of feelings got hurt last summer. He pretty much got told "nah, your not worth it. plus, you won't opt out on us anyway, no one will pay you like we do."
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

what exatly did he say?

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:03:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

what exatly did he say?
after they lost game 5 in the Finals ,Artest said that" KG trys to act like a warrior by beating his chest and screaming ,but you can't be a warrior part time, in game 5 I saw KG act like a puppy dog, hanging his head. KG is only a part time warrior". Thats not the exact quote , but he said something like that

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I'll explain:

Yeah, but he'd make a $18M salary next year and a 3/36 extension offer was in the table and no team with cap space would offer him that. Baron opted out for a single reason: because Brand also opted out and that allowed the Clippers to sign them both.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

your expecting artest to do research online about salary situations!? thats the biggest joke i've ever heard. ...the whole reason why players have agents, and pay them so [dang] much, to deal with their financial concerns is because they're too stupid to do it themselves.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

what exatly did he say?
after they lost game 5 in the Finals ,Artest said that" KG trys to act like a warrior by beating his chest and screaming ,but you can't be a warrior part time, in game 5 I saw KG act like a puppy dog, hanging his head. KG is only a part time warrior". Thats not the exact quote , but he said something like that

Wow. Artest held no punches.

thanks for filling me in. I gave you a top.