Author Topic: Mem-Bos Idea  (Read 9273 times)

Re: Mem-Bos Idea
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 05:58:25 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
In the end, I believe they are going to try to trade Crittendon instead of Lowry trying to secure a backup SG or PF. 

They seem to really like Arthur.   

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
It would be interesting to see how the C's rank Pruitt, BBD, Bill Walker, and JR Giddens. Or how do people thing they rank them? Or lastly, how do you rank them?

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
If they were really concerned about the point they should have taken Chalmers. The fact that they have House and Cassell waiting to fill one position probably explains why. Think Giddens is physically more ready and is a better all around SG option; but not a Pruitt replacement. Walker could be the best of the bunch; but has bad knees and a funky shot. BBD without a shirt in the Parade - not a pretty sight. Somebody better hide the twinkies or he is going nowhere fast.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »

Offline number17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I went to Villanova so I got a chance to see Lowry play a ton. The kid is probably the toughest basketball player I've ever seen in person. He would be a great addition to this team. With he and Rondo in the backcourt, we would have the quickest two point guards in the NBA. With Pierce, Ray, and KG surrounding Lowry, he would be tremendous. If it weren't for Mike Conley, Lowry would have had a break out year last year.

Now, I don't think we will actually trade for him, but I just wanted to express my opinion about him as a player.

Have a good one guys.
"I don't believe in living in the past; I think the past is for cowards...you live in the past, you die in the past."
-Mike Ditka

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think BBD looked that bad with his shirt off considering that he used to weigh 320
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Lowry may have been a tough college player-- so was his teammate at Villanova Allan Ray-- but neither one could hack it in the NBA.  That's why Memphis drafted Mike Conley last year and traded for O.J. Mayo on draft night.

I'd rather keep Pruitt and/or BBD. 

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 05:11:54 PM »

Offline BCelts

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
It would be interesting to see how the C's rank Pruitt, BBD, Bill Walker, and JR Giddens. Or how do people thing they rank them? Or lastly, how do you rank them?

On a championship team, I rank them as follows:

1.  BBD - part time situational contributor
2.  Pruitt - 12th man with potential
3.  JR Giddens - Rookie who could develop over time, at most a part-time situational contributor next year
4.  Bill Walker - long term project

Frankly, I do not see any of those guys breaking into the top 8 next year.  If they can't break the top 8, they will likely see very little floor time in the second season.  Since I am not concerned about the Celtics not making the playoffs absent catastrophic injuries, 8th man on down is either situational or irrelevant.

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I've heard a scout say if Pruitt came out this year he would be a top 20 pick.   I say let's be patient and see what this guy can do in backup role.   If he turns out at least being the equal to Lowry then it's a bad deal for us as we would lose a big man in the process.  Danny has a good track record of second round picks turning out to be good role players and  Pruitt may very well fall in line.