Author Topic: OJ Mayo to Grizzlies, Kevin Love to the T-Wolves....  (Read 36148 times)

Re: What are you doing McHale???
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 09:55:51 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Did Minny get Lowry back in the trade? If so that's not too terrible then, but I still would have demanded Conley.

I'm not really a Minnesota fan, but I do have that affair going on with Al Jeff and Gomes and I can see why KG didn't win a ring until this year in Boston... McHale screws everything up. Mayo is better than Love and they don't need Miller at all.

Re: OJ Mayo to Grizzlies, Kevin Love to the T-Wolves....
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »

Offline dorschrm

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
Chris Wallace continues to prove to me that he is the dumbest General Manager in the National Basketball Association.

McHale got a great bargain here, got the Love he wanted, and Mike Miller was a fabulous pickup for that team.  Good work for the Minnesota Ex-Celtics

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I don't see how anyone thinks the Wolves go anywhere unless you team Big Al with a long, defensively skilled PF/C. Love is a nice player and they will score points, but they'll never get any better than pretty good.

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:38 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
In my view Jefferson is a small center.  He's much better at that position than pf, both offensively and defensively.  So Love becomes the pf.  With Love's ability to shoot from the outside, it's really a comination that is similar to Boozer and Okur in Utah. Love is a little shorter than Okur, but he can defend the post and rebound just as well as Okur-- and he's a better passer than Okur.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:10:37 AM by Brickowski »

Memphis traded Mike Miller for people including Toine?
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
I really don't understand why so many of you are so upset that Minny will be weak defensively on the front line.  They play in the freaking West where defense IS an afterthought anyway. 

Second, how can anyone say that each team got equal talent here UNLESS you equate Antoine and Miller.  The first will be 32 in August and is washed up physically and likely mentally and had a 6.65 Efficiency Rating last year.  The second is ONLY 28 and had a 18.07 Efficiency Rating last year.  There simply is NOT much difference between Love and Mayo and I will NOT be shocked AT ALL to see love have as good, if not better, a career as the highly touted and vastly over-hyped OJ Mayo.

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »

Offline dcsceltics

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
And dont forget, they still have Foye, McCants, Brewer and Gomes if they re-sign him. They have a good young core with Love and Miller coming to join them.

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
When Minny made their selection my first thought was for our former C Kevin..."not another blunder, OJ doesn't fit with your team".  Yes he's gonna be good.  But I think Kevin did a really good trade here, I think Love & Jefferson can make a nice frontline in TODAY'S nba.  There simply aren't lg dominating centers, game has become speed/guard orientated.  They dumped walkers contract and lowered the teams body fat in 1 quick shot.  Miller spreads the floor (big time) to give added space for Love & Al.  Does old friend Gomes play sf ? D will be a problem if that is the front line.

I agree, this is a fine move by McHale.  He's got himself a good front line. 

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
I agree with and like the trade for Minnesota.

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
what he's doing is what alot of teams do, fleecing chris wallace.

OJ mayo is nice, but what they needed was a legitiamte big man to put in the middle so al could go back to PF.

not only did they fleece the bobcats out of chalmers, who is a lock down defender and three point shooter, but they got the guy they should have taken at 3 as well in love. throw in miller, and this was a great trade for MINN.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2008, 11:29:05 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
they needed shooting plus Love isn't a ham sandwich...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
I like the trade.  They got value from the high pick and ended up with the guy they wanted and some extra help.  Love looks like he just knows how to play and Miller is solid. 

The only thing I'd be concerned about is defense.  This has the potential of looking like the Knicks defense with Curry and Randolph.  (But I think that both Al and Love have much more pride than those two and will at least make an effort to improve.)

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2008, 11:47:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
He will trade now Miller for Scal.
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
He bascically turned OJ Mayo into Kevin Love, and Mike Miller.  Id say thats a pretty [dang] good deal considering he liked Love the whole time. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2008, 12:02:45 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I think it's been mentioned peripherally, but does getting Love change how they approach negotiations with Ryan Gomes?  Isn't Love likey to take a lot of the minutes at PF?  Do they really envision Gomes playing a lot of SF?