Author Topic: How do you watch the draft?  (Read 2285 times)

How do you watch the draft?
« on: June 26, 2008, 06:29:27 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
The NBA draft is easily one of my favorite non-game sports moments of the year (some seasons its actually better than a lot of the games) - that said, how do you watch?

I've generally watched by myself, but then I'll call (or when younger go to a family member) someone and tell them what I think is about to happen, or could happen, who's slipping etc.

Alternately, I haven't done this, but I think the draft could be turned into a drinking game, akin to the power hour - for every pick, you take a 1 oz shot of beer, for every trade, an extra shot, for every time Dick Vitale yells at the gms for not drafting seniors, a shot of jaeger (ah college), for every time Stern mispronounces a name, a shot of vodka from the country the player is from, for every guy who is in the audience and not the green room, but comes up to shake hands, a shot of tequilla, for every time a draftee is shorter than Stern, you finish your beer

bonus: for every guy left in the green room past 20, you take an extra shot of beer with the pick - any more fun rules?

Just remember, don't drink and draft
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: How do you watch the draft?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
The NBA draft is easily one of my favorite non-game sports moments of the year (some seasons its actually better than a lot of the games) - that said, how do you watch?

I've generally watched by myself, but then I'll call (or when younger go to a family member) someone and tell them what I think is about to happen, or could happen, who's slipping etc.

Alternately, I haven't done this, but I think the draft could be turned into a drinking game, akin to the power hour - for every pick, you take a 1 oz shot of beer, for every trade, an extra shot, for every time Dick Vitale yells at the gms for not drafting seniors, a shot of jaeger (ah college), for every time Stern mispronounces a name, a shot of vodka from the country the player is from, for every guy who is in the audience and not the green room, but comes up to shake hands, a shot of tequilla, for every time a draftee is shorter than Stern, you finish your beer

bonus: for every guy left in the green room past 20, you take an extra shot of beer with the pick - any more fun rules?

Just remember, don't drink and draft

oh...and here i thought that was the whole point of the draft. dang.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva