Author Topic: Celtics shopping pick?  (Read 7325 times)

Re: Celtics shopping pick?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 07:40:39 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If the guy available at 30 isn't on Danny's top 18 list of players available, sell the pick.

It's good business.

Aren't you overlooking a guy named Gilbert Arenas?  I'm just worried that Cassell or PJ Brown are going to retire.  Who do you sign to fill in the holes then?  I wouldn't mind seeing Chalmers at #30 if he drops that far.  The guy is a clutch shooter that can play some backup minutes on the off days that Rondo is throwing up nothing but bricks.  Not a knock on Rondo, but we've all seen it happen.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 07:43:18 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Depends on what happens. If Portland keeps buying up picks, they're not going to draft anybody, just take guys to stash overseas. If a lot of teams do that, my hope is CDR drops to 30. That's who Ford had going to Boston in his mock today. I would love to get that kid. Good handle, good shot, good defense, good hoops IQ, good leadership, takes it to the basket, doesn't turn it over, has range but doesn't shoot too much. Just an all around good player. If he drops to us, we should definitely take him.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »

Offline banner17

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
I would not mind chad Ford's mock draft pick Chris Douglas-Roberts. A scorer off the bench.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Come onnnnnn Hibbert!

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If the guy available at 30 isn't on Danny's top 18 list of players available, sell the pick.

It's good business.

Aren't you overlooking a guy named Gilbert Arenas?  I'm just worried that Cassell or PJ Brown are going to retire.  Who do you sign to fill in the holes then?  I wouldn't mind seeing Chalmers at #30 if he drops that far.  The guy is a clutch shooter that can play some backup minutes on the off days that Rondo is throwing up nothing but bricks.  Not a knock on Rondo, but we've all seen it happen.

Tons of low drafted guys in the modern era have turned out to be impact NBA Players.  Like Gilbert (31), Tony Parker (28 - last in round 1), Josh Howard (29 - Last in round 1), David Lee (30), Varejao (31), Kapono (31), Luke Walton (32), Boozer (35).  Not to mention later 2nd rounders taken like Manu (?) and Kyle Korver.  Unless we like nobody there, which I find doubtful, take a chance on somebody.  Don't turn out like the Suns whose future looks diminutive, we could easily get to that point if we don't keep adding young talent.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 09:44:41 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
We need a Center. Perkins still gets into foul trouble easily, PJ Brown is retiring.

Here is who we should grab with the 30th overall: http://http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/sergeibaka.html