Author Topic: According to SI, Richard Jefferson to the Bucks  (Read 11410 times)

Re: According to SI, Richard Jefferson to the Bucks
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think this will be a good trade for the Nets in the long run. Yi has a lot of upside, while Jefferson is pretty capped on his growth, plus he has a max contract, but is not a max type player IMO. Yi, Bowie, Sean Williams and Krystic (if healthy) can develop into a very good front court, and when LBJ becomes a FA, the Brooklyn Nets will be in a great position.  Don't forget they have Devon Harris now, who is going to get better, and would be a good back-court mate wtih LBJ.  

I am also relieved that NJ traded RJ to Milwaukee, and did not trade him to the Lakers for Odom, which had been rumored. The Lakers would have matched up alot better with us had that trade gone down.

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i don't believe so, no. well still be well over cap.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 04:51:05 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Is there anyway the celts can make a run at lebron in 2010 with rays contract coming off the books.  I know we'll have to resign rondo.  Is there a shot?

Not unless Notorious B.I.G. buys the C's

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 04:53:41 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
I am also relieved that NJ traded RJ to Milwaukee, and did not trade him to the Lakers for Odom, which had been rumored. The Lakers would have matched up alot better with us had that trade gone down.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  RJ is a much better perimeter shooter than Odom.  It will be interesting to see if they do try to move him

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Is there anyway the celts can make a run at lebron in 2010 with rays contract coming off the books.  I know we'll have to resign rondo.  Is there a shot?

No.  You look at the amount of money they'd have to cut as well as consideration of occupied roster spots and the  amount of money involved in a Rondo resigning, it's pretty much impossible.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I was thinking the exact same thing.  RJ is a much better perimeter shooter than Odom.  It will be interesting to see if they do try to move him
There's far better rumoured trades going around for Odom than RJ.

I'd be more relieved if RJ was traded for Odom.

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
New Jersey has a really odd team now.

Sean Williams. Krstic. Boone. Devin Harris. Marcus Williams. And Yi. Two first round picks also.

Yi is the only top prospect amongst them and he's a risky prospect because he's no lock to become a top player.

Are they just planning for mediocrity? It's a weird lineup. Not sure what to make of that team. Thorn best hope one or three of them breaks out. Otherwise they could be in for a lot of trouble.

They need to dump Vince Carter next and get some good salary flexibility. With Bobby Simmons on board they can take back a two year deal for Vince instead of an expiring contract if needs be or if a young prospect were included.

I like the trade for New Jersey. It's a clear win in my book. Some cap flexibility and a good prospect while getting rid of a worse contract and a player who had no future with the club and was limited as a go-to player.

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
The Nets would have done better to move Jefferson to Phoenix for Diaw and Barbosa LOL.  LeBron in 2010 is a very long shot for them.  He will be looking for a ring, not another building situation.

I'm surprised people think that LeBron is a serious candidate to end up with the Nets. No way he goes there with that roster they have now. Besides, LeBron's going to the Knicks.

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The Nets would have done better to move Jefferson to Phoenix for Diaw and Barbosa LOL.  LeBron in 2010 is a very long shot for them.  He will be looking for a ring, not another building situation.

I'm surprised people think that LeBron is a serious candidate to end up with the Nets. No way he goes there with that roster they have now. Besides, LeBron's going to the Knicks.

the knicks don't have the cap room, and are tied up in contracts.

his best friend owns the nets, he's done nothing but sit the fench in clevland, no "i'm a cav for life!" or any of that nonsense that players sometimes do, and in 2010 they'll be moving to Brooklyn. if they drop VC's contract, which they probley will for a cheese sandwich, they'll probably have a high pick that year, and enough cap space to sign lebron AND another guy or two who are loads better than anyone on his terrible cavs squad. Plus, FA flock to NYC teams.

why wouldn't the nets be serious players considering with the trade there going to be wayyyyy under cap in 2010 and lebron is best friends with one of the owners, who has been warned by the league to stop making his courtship so obvious?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Jefferson to Bucks!
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
wow
The only color that matters is GREEN