Author Topic: According to SI, Richard Jefferson to the Bucks  (Read 11417 times)

Re: According to SI, Jefferson to the Bucks
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:40:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Milwaukee are drafting a power forward. Speights?

No way they part with Yi without having a replacement in mind. That would be ridiculous. I wonder what bad contract they're adding to Yi to make it work? Bobby Simmons?

Jefferson doesn't make Milwaukee any better. It's a lateral move. Let's see what they do next because if the add a good power forward in addition to RJ it's a big coup for the Bucks.

well they do have Charlie Villanueva, who didn't play horrible for them... I'm very nervous of Speights' NBA career flaming out....
Ah he was .... Villaneuva was horrible for them. They need to get rid of Charlie. C'mon he was awful.

If you're going to give up on a developing young talent like Yi you don't keep around Charlie, a player who has similar flaws and less potential. You do it to bring in a different look and possibly a veteran. Someone who plays in the low post or gives you interior defense or rebounds or provides some toughness. Something along those lines.

Who are they after?

It must be Speights. Otherwise they have another trade in the works. There's nobody in free agency that they can get that would provide enough help in the paint.

This is very interesting but I'm very confused.

Re: According to SI, Jefferson to the Bucks
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Milwaukee are drafting a power forward. Speights?

No way they part with Yi without having a replacement in mind. That would be ridiculous. I wonder what bad contract they're adding to Yi to make it work? Bobby Simmons?

Jefferson doesn't make Milwaukee any better. It's a lateral move. Let's see what they do next because if the add a good power forward in addition to RJ it's a big coup for the Bucks.

They can't draft Alexander now, right?  But Spieghts is a reach at 8.  They need a point but I don't think any will be left at 8.  Love could drop to them.  Randolf?
No, I still think they draft Alexander.  He can back up Jefferson and/or Villanueva (to a lesser extent).  I agree there is an outside chance Love drops to them.
Celtics fan for life.

Re: According to SI, Richard Jefferson to the Bucks
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 03:46:37 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
definitely preparing to bring in lebron in 2010.

what do they do with vc now?

Golden State for Al Harrington and the 14th pick and some scrubs.  

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 03:46:49 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The Nets would have done better to move Jefferson to Phoenix for Diaw and Barbosa LOL.  LeBron in 2010 is a very long shot for them.  He will be looking for a ring, not another building situation.

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Stage halftime shows where he dunks over Yi's head? 8)

The Nets would have done better to move Jefferson to Phoenix for Diaw and Barbosa LOL.

outstanding. well earned tp's for both of you!

Golden State for Al Harrington and the 14th pick and some scrubs.  

is that an actual rumour?

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
My bet is that the Bucks will get help in the frontcourt with a package of Redd and CV. I don't think that Yi can play PF in the NBA, except under a few coaches. And how old is he anyway?

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:14:47 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
The Nets would have done better to move Jefferson to Phoenix for Diaw and Barbosa LOL.  LeBron in 2010 is a very long shot for them.  He will be looking for a ring, not another building situation.

The Nets get Yi &

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This is an absolute steal for the Bucks. Yi isnt going to amount to much and Simmons played well in his contract year. If Jefferson stays healthy hes a great player. I think the Bucks move Redd now however...They need a big man i feel that Redd and Jefferson together wont work.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 04:18:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Why do you add Richard Jefferson if you're going to deal Michael Redd?

RJ who isn't even and All-Star and is paid like a franchise player. They're keeping Redd unless they have some crazy talent upgrade happening. They're not dumping Redd after taking on RJ.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 04:26:36 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Why do you add Richard Jefferson if you're going to deal Michael Redd?

RJ who isn't even and All-Star and is paid like a franchise player. They're keeping Redd unless they have some crazy talent upgrade happening. They're not dumping Redd after taking on RJ.

Yeah I think they keep Redd. Skiles is a good coach (who eventually wears on NBA players though unfor). The Bucks will show good improvement this year. Everyone will say they are up and comers. And then they'll be back to sucking in a couple years. Kind of like what happened to the Bulls.

The Nets and Knicks need to get some assets, because Lebron isn't going to jump from the Cavs where he doesn't have a supporting cast to any other team without a supporting cast.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

lebron wants the $$$$ and ridiculous exposer a major market can provide as well, and the nets will put him center stage in NYC. The cavs aren't going to be doing anything anytime soon to improve, they shot thier wad on the wallce trade.

I think its a real good shot he goes to one of his best friends teams in the "hey look at my advertising!!!" capital of the world.

Plus, its easier to add guys to a team in NYC than Ohio, which is not exactly a high proflie free agent destination.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
Sad for New Jersey that the only "star" they have left has no heart.  I feel for Yi, who probably needs some vet leadership....he won't get that from the tankster.  I feel for Simmons, a warrior, who will be backing up a wimp.

Jefferson is a perfect Skiles player.  Great trade for Milwaukee.  It would be a great trade for New Jersey, too, if the tankster was on another team.

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Good trade for NJ. They're starting over and have a long term plan.

As for Mil getting RJ... i'm not sure what to think. That team isn't going far with or without Jefferson. That doesn't speak well of a player making that kind of $$$.

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 04:47:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Jefferson is a perfect Skiles player.  Great trade for Milwaukee. 
Yep I agree. RJ is a fantastic fit for Skiles. His type of player, a guy who plays hard and is a team player. Runs hard, plays defense, has some ability.

I disagree that it's a great trade for Milwaukee. I think their next move in who they pick as their new power forward will decide the the success of this deal (because Redd/RJ/Talented PF/Bogut is a decent core) but by itself .... I think it's a bad decision to give up on Yi. I'd be willing to do it if I was getting back a very talented player, a perennial All-Star type. Not somebody like RJ and not somebody on RJ's woeful contract. I think they could have done better.

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Is there anyway the celts can make a run at lebron in 2010 with rays contract coming off the books.  I know we'll have to resign rondo.  Is there a shot?