4 (50%)
Almost. Like my anniversary I found out just barely in time
1 (12.5%)
Wait wait wait. The draft is tonite?
1 (12.5%)
I figured it out, but it seemed pretty sudden this time
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Did the draft sneak up on you?  (Read 2233 times)

Did the draft sneak up on you?
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:48 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I only figured out the draft was tonite like yesterday. I don't know about you but I'm used to the draft being like 3 months after the Celts stop playing

Re: Did the draft sneak up on you?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i posted this in a thread last week:

i'm actually looking forward to this draft more than any draft for a long time because last year we were heartbroken after missing a top 2 pick other years our picks haven't been in great positions but this year we're the 30th pick and champions and we can watch other people strive to get to where we're at. good times.

definitely good times.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I usually can't wait for the draft.  Typically it's the only bright spot of the summer, especially since it meant that the Celtics had a legit shot of adding a new starter and possible all-star.  This year it snuck up on me partially because we had more important things to think about, but also because the guy we pick (if we do pick) may never play for the Celtics.  Especially not now that we don't have a summer league team.

It's tough to root for a player who may never wear the green.  I'm hoping something amazing happens tonight, or that we draft one of my hometown guys (Shan Foster) to make the proceedings a little more interesting.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
I love draft day. I have been anticipating it since May. Like ChampKind said we have a chance to get a real player at #30 even though most don't see it. This draft is beyond deep with talent and potential and who better to teach the kids then the vets on our team.