Author Topic: Chad Ford's Mock Draft 7.0  (Read 13761 times)

Re: Chad Ford's Mock Draft 7.0
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I only found this out a couple of days ago, watching tape of the NCAA tournament, but Lee is a better player than CDR. I'd also prefer Weaver. But I'm still happy with CDR.

Terrible pick for the Pacers. If Bird passes Rush, Bayless, Speights, Arthur and Chalmers to pick Koufos, he should be fired.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
CDR is fine by me!
I actually like some of the players going around the late 20s to early 30s in the mock drafts I have been seeing:
CDR, Ryan Anderson, JJ Hickson, Richard Hendrix, Bill Walker.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 09:35:19 AM »

Offline 12417

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Can someone suggest a site(s) that give the most extensive background on the potential draftees? I'm familiar with espn, draftexpress, nba sites. Not looking for mock drafts as much as scouts reviews that are more in-depth than those sites I've mentioned. thanks

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
CDR would be a great pickup at #30.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd be delighted with CDR. He's a smart versatile scorer, he'll be a solid-to-good player in the NBA.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've said it before, but I got a good feeling from this draft. That we'll be able to get a decent player regardless of who is on the board once we have to pick.

Sure, there aren't a ton of spectacular players, but there are many that are among the same range ability-wise that almost guarantees we'll get someone of quality.

Wether he'll develop in the future or not, that's another discussion... but at the moment, quite a few people that seem good should be around the 30th pick.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I'd be delighted with CDR. He's a smart versatile scorer, he'll be a solid-to-good player in the NBA.

And think, all those Callipari interviews talking about what a great player he is and how much the coach loves Boston and how much Boston is the perfect and ........
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 10:14:01 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I think CDR would be the best case scenario for the Celtics at this spot in the draft.  I'm not convinced that he's going to fall that far though.  I think someone in the early to mid 20's will pick him up still.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I think CDR would be the best case scenario for the Celtics at this spot in the draft.  I'm not convinced that he's going to fall that far though.  I think someone in the early to mid 20's will pick him up still.

I don't know too, too much about CDR but if the Celtics have a chance at Bill Walker or Jason Thompson they should probably take one of them over CDR without thinking twice. That's my best case scenario for the C's.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
CDR is smart, seems to be a hard worker, and is a student of the game. He would make a great Celtic. Bill Walker, who I love, probably has more upside ultimately, but CDR could make a good backup for Ray right away. Would love this pick.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 10:48:10 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I put CDR pretty even with Lee on my wishlist (although still behind Walker...but I certainly understand why they would pass on someone with such an injury history).  I think they are both similar in that they both could step in almost immediately and be contributors (and make T.Allen expendable), while still having the upside to be a starter in this league.

They also are pretty different though.  Lee is much more of a shooter in the Rip Hamilton mould.  He likes to run around, off picks, and can be just as effective playing off the ball, then having the ball in his hands.

CDR on the other hand is more like Paul Pierce (in style, not ability).  He is a slasher, who is great at making his own shot.

I think CDR has a little more upside, but I think Lee will fit into this team a little more right now.

It's a tough call, but if either of them fall to us, I would be very happy.

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I think it's a reach to predict he'll fall to #30, but i love it!!!

I look at what Phili got out of similar players (Carney and Thad Young) and truely believe CDR could provide some of that high flying energy and spurt scoring that any team could use off the bench.  I really believe that playing with a guy like Paul Pierce would do wonders for him as far as instilling the importance of carrying energy over to the defensive end and helping him understand how to use his long frame to get any shot off he wants.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
CDR is smart, seems to be a hard worker, and is a student of the game. He would make a great Celtic. Bill Walker, who I love, probably has more upside ultimately, but CDR could make a good backup for Ray right away. Would love this pick.

my biggest fear about bill walker is that he's the second coming of gerald green...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Can someone suggest a site(s) that give the most extensive background on the potential draftees? I'm familiar with espn, draftexpress, nba sites. Not looking for mock drafts as much as scouts reviews that are more in-depth than those sites I've mentioned. thanks

Not much more in depth than draftexpress, but you can try nbadraft.net.  It has a nice format and a pretty cool ranking system.