Author Topic: O.J. Mayo to go #2  (Read 10632 times)

Re: O.J. Mayo to go #2
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
from how i hear it...

Minnesota is trading down to the clippers.  Clippers will take Beasley at #3.   The Heat will draft Mayo at #2, but they'll trade him to the Timberwolves for the #7 pick.  With the #7 pick the Heat will take Bayless.   But then the Heat will trade Bayless and Shawn Marion for Beasley and Elton Brand.  It's then expected that the Clippers will trade Bayless to the Timberwolves for OJ Mayo.  Unfortunately Pat Riley feels Beasley has character issues though... so theres a trade in the works where Beasley and Elton Brand will then be traded to the Clippers for OJ Mayo and Shawn Marion.

Let me know if I'm leaving out any of the details. 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 08:48:21 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
from how i hear it...

Minnesota is trading down to the clippers.  Clippers will take Beasley at #3.   The Heat will draft Mayo at #2, but they'll trade him to the Timberwolves for the #7 pick.  With the #7 pick the Heat will take Bayless.   But then the Heat will trade Bayless and Shawn Marion for Beasley and Elton Brand.  It's then expected that the Clippers will trade Bayless to the Timberwolves for OJ Mayo.  Unfortunately Pat Riley feels Beasley has character issues though... so theres a trade in the works where Beasley and Elton Brand will be traded for OJ Mayo and Shawn Marion.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
from how i hear it...

Minnesota is trading down to the clippers.  Clippers will take Beasley at #3.   The Heat will draft Mayo at #2, but they'll trade him to the Timberwolves for the #7 pick.  With the #7 pick the Heat will take Bayless.   But then the Heat will trade Bayless and Shawn Marion for Beasley and Elton Brand.  It's then expected that the Clippers will trade Bayless to the Timberwolves for OJ Mayo.  Unfortunately Pat Riley feels Beasley has character issues though... so theres a trade in the works where Beasley and Elton Brand will then be traded to the Clippers for OJ Mayo and Shawn Marion.

Haha.  Makes perfect sense.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 10:37:32 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
McHale is a moron!  How do you give up the chance to team Beasley with Big Al for the next 10 years?

Rumor has it the TWolves might actually try to play defense next year.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:03 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I believe Celtics' leftovers Blount & Banks would work

Mayo, Marcus and Mark.  Now THERE'S a Big 3.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
McHale is a moron!  How do you give up the chance to team Beasley with Big Al for the next 10 years?

Easier to play defense when you're putting the ball in the bucket.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Kevin McHale is going to make a trade.  With Chicago or Milwakue.  Hinrich and Gordon.  Or Michael Redd.  If Beasley is there he may take him but Kevin needs to make a splash or his job is over.  

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
McHale is still the idiot you claim he is, but drafting Beasley to play the 4 while Big Al plays the 5 is a horrible idea in my opinion. They are undersized for their positions, and we all know neither play much defense. So you'd see teams penetrating on them at will. If they can score, they will, but scoring and rebounding by themselves won't put a team over the top. Not even close. Although I will add that drafting Beasley would be wise, if McHale can find a superstar big man who plays defense in return. Maybe some bad contracts on Minnesota with the #2 for a healthy Brand could be the difference.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 12:22:56 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
from how i hear it...

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
There's no way I would pass up on Beasley.

The guy looks like a real stud.

He can handle the ball and shoot....has nifty moves around the bucket and can take contact.

I don't know what 19 year old has zero maturity issues....he's just a kid. Put some good ppl around him and he will be ok.

Pat Riley is starting to get too full of himself....thinking he knows best and who has great character and who doesn't.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:57:42 AM »

Offline stanthompsonismyhero

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • The Boston Three Party!

I'm going to need at least three independent sources on this before I'll believe it. 
Curt Schilling: "It's a stupid idiotic comment to make."

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

If I'm McHale, I stay right where I am and select Brook Lopez.  This allows you to move Al back to the 4 spot where he will dominate.  with Foye, Brewer, and McCants, and Telfair they'll have a really good team.

I know people may laugh at the Telfair inclusion, but all he did last year was 9.3 PPG and 5.9 APG. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 09:41:50 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If I'm McHale, I stay right where I am and select Brook Lopez.  This allows you to move Al back to the 4 spot where he will dominate.  with Foye, Brewer, and McCants, and Telfair they'll have a really good team. 
Who's that team beating?

They not beating at least 10 teams (Spurs, Suns, Blazers, Hornets, Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, Nuggets) in the West and likely as many as 12-13 teams are better than them (Clippers and Kings are definitely better and possibly the Sonics). That team is better than the Grizzlies .... just about.

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
from how i hear it...

So Elton Brand is going to be traded like 15 times tonight and STILL end up a Clipper. All after coming off a season long injury last year. It must suck to be him.

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Who's that team beating?

They not beating at least 10 teams (Spurs, Suns, Blazers, Hornets, Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, Nuggets) in the West and likely as many as 12-13 teams are better than them (Clippers and Kings are definitely better and possibly the Sonics). That team is better than the Grizzlies .... just about.

I don't know, they won 22 games without Lopez and with Jefferson playing out of position at the 5 spot.  I'm just saying, with Lopez, a true 5, they can move Jefferson back to the 4 where he will dominate Western Conference 4's.  Now give the rest of the team another year and who knows, maybe mid 30's in wins.

I look at the T-wolves like I did the C's a couple of years back.  All they need is experience and maybe they develop the young talent to trade for the vet, or maybe they keep it and it develops on its own.

I think they have the making of a really good young team and with really good 5, it would help.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."