Author Topic: Blazer's getting NO's pick (27th)  (Read 21434 times)

Re: Blazer's getting NO's pick (27th)
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think the Blazers have a great chance of being this off-season Boston Celtics.  The only thing is there is not a guy like a KG on the trading block.  However I do think someone like a D-Wade could be had for a nice package.  So I think the Heat and Portland are in trade talks for D-Wade and/or Shawn Marion. 

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think the Blazers have a great chance of being this off-season Boston Celtics.  The only thing is there is not a guy like a KG on the trading block.  However I do think someone like a D-Wade could be had for a nice package.  So I think the Heat and Portland are in trade talks for D-Wade and/or Shawn Marion. 

I don't know about this offseason Celtics, but man they should get really good quick next year. They have around 20 million in salaries, and pretty much their roster intact.  They could get about 2 MAX contract type of players. That's going to be a powerful team.

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I don't know if its a great comparison, just because they already have so many building blocks.  But I do expect them to make a big trade, and be one of the top teams in the league next year.

My money is on them going after (in this order) 1. Baron Davis 2. Shawn Marion 3. Kirk Hinrich.

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »

Offline Spoon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14

I don't know about this offseason Celtics, but man they should get really good quick next year. They have around 20 million in salaries, and pretty much their roster intact.  They could get about 2 MAX contract type of players. That's going to be a powerful team.

Only if Oden comes back at full strength with no long term problems. 

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Even without him, they should be able to be a great team. They can potentially get quite a few star players, and that's in addition to their current roster.

I'll say this though, the 2009 free-agency at the moment doesn't seem to me to be that great, but who knows.

Some of these guys (assuming they are FA, and only unrestricted):

Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Baron Davis
Danny Granger
Elton Brand
Corey Maggette
Shawn Marion
Grant Hill

They can potentially get two or three guys from there, if they play it right. And they're already quite a good young team.

Oh, and when I said next year, I mean for the 2009/2010 season.

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Even without him, they should be able to be a great team. They can potentially get quite a few star players, and that's in addition to their current roster.

I'll say this though, the 2009 free-agency at the moment doesn't seem to me to be that great, but who knows.

Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Baron Davis
Danny Granger
Elton Brand
Corey Maggette
Shawn Marion
Grant Hill

They can potentially get two or three guys from there, if they play it right. And they're already quite a good young team.

That $20 million number doesn't reflect the team options the Blazers will have to exercise on Oden, Aldridge, or Roy, or the potential cap-holds/qualifying offers they'd need to tender to other restricted FAs (Frye, Webster, Jack) to keep them. They'll have much less cap room.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Baron Davis
Danny Granger
Elton Brand
Corey Maggette
Shawn Marion
Grant Hill

That $20 million number doesn't reflect the team options the Blazers will have to exercise on Oden, Aldridge, or Roy, or the potential cap-holds/qualifying offers they'd need to tender to other restricted FAs (Frye, Webster, Jack) to keep them. They'll have much less cap room.

Really? I thought that it already included the team options... that's what you get when you're at work and don't have enought time to do the research and do the math.  Well, it looked too good to be true... I guess they really need to make trades.

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The fee for #27 pick was $1mil

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Wow...  that's chump change, for a chance at a legit prospect.  It's kind of saddening to think we could be interested in doing the same thing.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2008, 06:10:02 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

I'm amazed that only Portland buys these picks. 1 million is nothing to NY or Dallas or any team for that matter. If I was the GM of a rebuilding team instead of signing some Ruben Patterson bum for like 4 million, I'd buy 4 late first rounders.