Author Topic: Blazer's getting NO's pick (27th)  (Read 21440 times)

Blazer's getting NO's pick (27th)
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:26:07 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53168/20080625/source_hornets_trade_27th_draft_pick_to_blazers/

Wow... I've never really been a fan of just selling your pick, and the Blazers never seem to be happy with what they have (Not really a bad thing) but I would have seen them trading their first pick for something else considering they don't really need any more young talent...

I wonder how this changes the dynamic of our draft?

Re: Blazer's getting NO's pick (27th)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
What is the percentage of likelihood that Portland keeps this pick?  Is it even double digits?
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 01:29:05 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
this is how easy u got a filler pick in the nba
from 20 to 60 every single player gives the same up to the need

BTW Robb happy belated Bday
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 01:32:21 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
What is the percentage of likelihood that Portland keeps this pick?  Is it even double digits?

Wouldn't be surprised if they took someone like Batum, if available or maybe Ibaka or someone to store in Europe.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:36:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Interesting move, to say the least .... I think they obviously have something "up their sleeve", so to speak, (as usual).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:39:15 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Interesting move, to say the least .... I think they obviously have something "up their sleeve", so to speak, (as usual).
Mybe Camby is available now
lol
for vet min
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:40:40 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53168/20080625/source_hornets_trade_27th_draft_pick_to_blazers/

Wow... I've never really been a fan of just selling your pick, and the Blazers never seem to be happy with what they have (Not really a bad thing) but I would have seen them trading their first pick for something else considering they don't really need any more young talent...

with NO trading out of that slot i dont see portland taking a wing there at all unless another trade is coming after the draft. as ford has it, its very conceivable a talent like courtney lee is still on the board when we draft which i would be extraordinarily happy with.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 01:45:52 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

with NO trading out of that slot i dont see portland taking a wing there at all unless another trade is coming after the draft. as ford has it, its very conceivable a talent like courtney lee is still on the board when we draft which i would be extraordinarily happy with.

I don't see how there's anyway anyone could predict where Portland is going with this at all. You never know what they're going to do, it seems. They've got Rudy Fernandez going over next year and then Oden coming back and then you add Aldridge and Roy to that and I think all they're really lacking is a PG... So maybe they go for Chalmers if they don't go Euro?

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 01:50:43 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Mybe Camby is available now
lol
for vet min

Yeah, really, Edgar ... it'd be the perfect place for him, (the other side of the country)! lol  ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 01:51:23 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
I guess you can pay Scal 3 million a yr or buy an extra first rounder each yr. Good investments by Portland. Sergio, Rudy, this pick... Who else?  I wish we had bought that Rudy Fernandez pick last year.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 02:02:36 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

I don't see how there's anyway anyone could predict where Portland is going with this at all. You never know what they're going to do, it seems. They've got Rudy Fernandez going over next year and then Oden coming back and then you add Aldridge and Roy to that and I think all they're really lacking is a PG... So maybe they go for Chalmers if they don't go Euro?

agree 100% there. portland is the most difficult team to predict. im just saying unless theyre drafting for someone else i could see them drafting a tomic and leaving him overseas with this pick. point being a courtney lee could feasibly slide to us at 30 which would make me happy.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 02:02:55 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I guess you can pay Scal 3 million a yr or buy an extra first rounder each yr. Good investments by Portland. Sergio, Rudy, this pick... Who else?  I wish we had bought that Rudy Fernandez pick last year.

We actually traded that pick for Rondo, I believe. That was the pick that seemed to travel around to every team in the league, I think.

What was it? Cleveland to Boston to LA, back to Boston then to Phoenix?

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 02:17:29 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
BTW Robb happy belated Bday

Thanks!

I guess you can pay Scal 3 million a yr or buy an extra first rounder each yr. Good investments by Portland. Sergio, Rudy, this pick... Who else?  I wish we had bought that Rudy Fernandez pick last year.

When you got the cash, might as well do it, right?  I think if Portland gets too good this way (which it seems like they might), the NBA will have to put a rule in place of selling picks.  It's getting kind of silly as it is with Phoenix selling all their picks in the past few years.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 02:18:12 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

We actually traded that pick for Rondo, I believe. That was the pick that seemed to travel around to every team in the league, I think.

What was it? Cleveland to Boston to LA, back to Boston then to Phoenix?

Yeah, but I still wish Phoenix had sold it back to us. I think Rudy Fernandez will be a player.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 08:42:40 AM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Portland's GM (Pritchard) Is always very active come draft time and is definitely not afraid to make a move. Although this is rather confusing, as the Blazers have consistently said that they don't need any more young talent, but do need more veteran players to compliment all the youth. My best guess is that they are either trying to package picks (they now have 5) to move up, or are truly going after a "prize"
Will be fun to watch IMO as pritchard has been anything other than conventional or predictable.
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people