Author Topic: Chad Ford's Sixth Mock Draft (2 Rounds)  (Read 12135 times)

Re: Chad Ford's Sixth Mock Draft (2 Rounds)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 06:27:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I hope Courtney Lee falls to us at 30.  Perfect backup for Ray and vise versa Ray is the perfect mentor for him.

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think if the draft falls like it did in this mock there is a large chance we do the two early second rounders for our first rounder. I think Batum Jawai Hardin and White will all be good Pros. If we could get two of those it would be great.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Well, when players "shoot up" the draft boards, the GMs are usually wrong, as in the case of Marcus Banks.

When a player sinks like a stone, the GMs are usually right, as in the case of Gerald Green.  There are exceptions however (Al Jefferson).

i'm not sure that i would agree with that. i mean one of our best picks ever was Pierce who was a shock to be there when we picked at 10...

interestingly, looking back now, he arguably should have gone #1 in that draft

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
No, Nowitzki should have gone #1 and Pierce #2.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
No, Nowitzki should have gone #1 and Pierce #2.

like i said, it's arguable, but i think PP is the more complete player.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 11:02:50 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Gary Forbes is a good look.  Fisher is undersized and Jefferon by all reports is out of shape and undermotivated and may have tanked himself out of the draft completely.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 12:26:19 AM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
Mock drafts are useless after about pick 4. That is how the dog barks virtually every year. We have no idea who will be available at #30.

For some ambiguous reason, Brandon Rush might be there. He is not likely to be available past 20, but you just cannot anticipate the ways of the draft by a "mock draft."

Fact: When you look back at past mock drafts, they almost never give an accurate portrayal of what really occurs DURING the draft.

Never mind the fact that Chad Ford is a clown who NOBODY with a brain should pay money to read. There are several posters on this board and who blog on this site who would do a more respectable job. The sad part is that I'm not joking.

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I've said this before, I would not be mad if we got Hardin. He's really athletic and can block shots. People are saying that he doesn't have a good offensive game, but I think he'll thrive as a back up for Perk. I would love to see what Clifford Ray could do with this guy. Plus he's a good character guy, appears to be smart (very impressed with all of his interviews) and was a teammate of Leon Powe and Gabe Pruitt.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 08:59:48 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Anybody else surprised that Donte Green Fell so far.  I know that he doesn't fill an immediate need for us but he is a hell of a talent with his length and shooting.  Ford said he would free fall so lets hope he may reach down to the Celtics at 30 although I truly doubt it would happen.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Donte Green @ 25  :o

I'd try to move up for him.

I highly doubt he falls that far though.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Another thing to keep in mind is the mock drafts don't account for draft day trades.

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Another thing to keep in mind is the mock drafts don't account for draft day trades.

Mock draft are clearly not perfect, but it give a nice indicator of a players value.  They are also a good talking point to get people to think about the draft

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 04:19:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I said this in a thread about 6 weeks ago and I'll say it again. The Celtics will sell off the first round pick. They have no need of another young body to develop.

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:24 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I said this in a thread about 6 weeks ago and I'll say it again. The Celtics will sell off the first round pick. They have no need of another young body to develop.

I agree they will try to.  It all depends on what they can get for it.  I think if they can pick up a couple second rounders, or a future #1, they will jump at it.  They also could use it to try to fill one of their holes at backup PG/SG/C through a trade.

However, if there aren't any takers, that is where the international players come in.