Author Topic: Celtics merchandise spree?  (Read 4227 times)

Celtics merchandise spree?
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:16:01 PM »

Offline trueceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
has anyone gone one of those. I want to buy a bunch of stuff but I don't want to miss out on anything. Besides NBA store, have you guys seen any good ones. Like framed type stuff?

Re: Celtics merchandise spree?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i have purchased several different shirts, hats, pennants, framed picture and coin sets, etc.

my favorite...i am a season ticket holder and went to all of the playoff games this year.  so i am having all of my tickets customed framed.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
my favorite...i am a season ticket holder and went to all of the playoff games this year.  so i am having all of my tickets customed framed.

The two games I went to I received "e-tickets" which pretty much kill the whole "save the stub" thing which is a bummer, since I have a pretty good stub collection.  I guess I can always show people my e-mail if I want to brag about the cool games I went too.  Not quite the same though :( Such are the times...

Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:43:22 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
I purchased some shirts, hats, a flag, going to definitely end up getting one of the really nice plaques, thinking about the one they have at the NBA store that has a picture in the middle from the championship game and then photos of players around it.  They don't have the pictures up yet for it, but you can preorder it now to have it shipped when it comes out in July.

I also just preordered the Celtics Championship DVD, and the newspapers from the championship game.

I can also report that my credit card has definitely taken a little hit, and the more I see the bigger of a hit due to the Celtics winning the championship and me wanting to buy everything.  I'm not complaining though.  ;D

That framed ticket idea is awesome!  I went to the games in the finals, tickets aren't in the best shape, but maybe I will do something with those :)

~J

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I did the basic t shirt run.  My favorite is the one with all the banners on it with 2008 in the middle.  I also like the got rings? one.  I refuse to buy a hat until they go below 26 dollars.  That is an absurd price especially since they're not fitted.

The one other thing I got that I'm excited about is a 2008 NBA Champions mug.  I can't wait to drink out of it.  It'll be like drinking 4 beers at once because I get so excited just looking at it.  I won't even need to drink a lot to get drunk. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I have my Celtics v. Jazz ticket from up in Salt Lake earlier this year... A C's win where Pierce went off in the 2nd half after not scoring in the 1st...

I'm not huge into the "Championship" t-shirts, but that's just me, I will get the DVD and when they hang #17 I'll get a new framed poster of the new Garden that incorporates that!

I'm on the lookout for a classically clean Celtics watch, if anyone has seen one, I mean a step up from what's on NBA.com...

Now, on to 18...

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
Anyone happen to get this book from the Boston Globe?

http://services.bostonglobe.com/globestore/category.cgi?item=BK-BANNER-17&category=0

I was thinking about it.  I also wanted to get a copy of the Globe from them winning with the good picture, the one I have, is a different picture with just Allen and Pierce, but the same headline.

~J