Author Topic: Ray Allen's Full Page Ad In The Globe page C13  (Read 12567 times)

Ray Allen's Full Page Ad In The Globe page C13
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:03:24 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
For all of you who subscribe to the Boston Globe or have access to buying the Globe I highly reccomend you read/get it today.

There's a two piece section dedicated to the Celtics that makes for great reading.  However, the highlight of the pullout is a full page advertisement taken out by Ray Allen (which even with a discount must have cost some serious money).

Ray uses the space to thank the fans for their support and to address the signs of juvenile diabetes and what parents should look out for.  It is a heartfelt sincere letter.

Class.  Total and complete class.

Great teams are made of people with great character.  Ray Allen is a leader with great character.  We are all extremely lucky to have him on "our" team.  Very lucky.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:10:27 AM by SShoreFan 2.0 »
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Re: Ray Allen's Full Page Ad In The Globe page C13
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Any chance we could get some sort of pic of it? That's very cool.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Any chance we could get some sort of pic of it? That's very cool.

I have emailed Boston.com to see if they would post it.

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
You know this is something that doesn't surprise me from Ray, he's always been a model player, lots of class.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
With more players like Ray, NBA's likeability would jump off the charts. He's the consummate class act.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
No wonder he and Kobe don't get along.  Complete polar opposites.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
In the same section is an ad from Tufts Medical Center noting the Paul Pierce Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery -- along with a nice picture of PP in medical garb.

Cool stuff.

Makes you feel even better about the success these guys have had.

This organization -- including its players- are first class all the way.

This season hasn't just been a home run -- it's been a grand slam.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 11:49:45 AM »

Offline Rizzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8

Is there a need for the baseball reference here?!?   :P

Honestly, you just can not say enough about this team and organization. It seems like the Patriots are rubbing off on the Celtics and I like it (minus the whole scandal thing).

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

Honestly, you just can not say enough about this team and organization. It seems like the Patriots are rubbing off on the Celtics and I like it (minus the whole scandal thing).

I understand the sentiment, but I don't want this team to become like the Pats.  I don't want to be hated by everyone.  We always will be by certain people because we are a Boston team.  However, like you said we don't need any scandals like that.  Also I don't want our head coach to have the personality of a piece of wood.  I love how Doc is outgoing and a friendly guy, he's a great interview.  I don't want Paul Pierce to become like Tom Brady.  I'd like to think that our Captain would wave to the crowd if he was at a Sox game or Pats game, not just sit there with a holier than thou look on his face.  I don't want KG to have to go to court over women like Randy Moss.

I'm a Pats fan and I agree that the ownership and overall organization runs a classy team.  However I see the Celtics as a much more likable team that can be enjoyed across the country.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
ray has become my favorite C for the way he handles himself on and off the court..nothing but class

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 04:10:10 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
I normally don't wear jerseys to the game but started wearing Ray's when he went into the shooting slumo in the playoffs. I figured he needed the support.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 06:22:02 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Ray is a classy guy.  I was happy with PP winning MVP, but in my heart I really wanted Ray got it. He  had so many issues off court during  Finals and played witj all heat in court.

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Stay classy, Ray Allen.

I was as frustrated as anyone else when Ray went into his prolonged playoff slump, but I was at every playoff game, cheering for him like crazy.  One thing about Ray, I never felt he wasn't doing everything in his power to work his way out of his slump.

When he finally came around in the Pistons series, it was a beautiful thing to watch.  His shooting performance in the clinching game with the Lakers will never be forgotten by Celtics fans. 

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 08:13:20 AM »

Offline Bri5152

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
Would someone who has the ad mind scanning it, if possible? It's not on the website and none of the stores I went to yesterday had the Boston Globe.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I understand the sentiment, but I don't want this team to become like the Pats.  I don't want to be hated by everyone.  We always will be by certain people because we are a Boston team.  However, like you said we don't need any scandals like that.  Also I don't want our head coach to have the personality of a piece of wood.  I love how Doc is outgoing and a friendly guy, he's a great interview.  I don't want Paul Pierce to become like Tom Brady.  I'd like to think that our Captain would wave to the crowd if he was at a Sox game or Pats game, not just sit there with a holier than thou look on his face.  I don't want KG to have to go to court over women like Randy Moss.

I'm a Pats fan and I agree that the ownership and overall organization runs a classy team.  However I see the Celtics as a much more likable team that can be enjoyed across the country.
Success breeds contempt. The Celtics keep winning championships and the country will hate them fast.

Everyone loved the Pats in 2002. Patriots winning the first championship in America sports after 9/11. A feel good story for sure. In 2004, everybody loved the Sox. 86 years of torturous history eradicated. Now the Pats and the Sox are hated countrywide because of multiple championships and perceived obnoxious fans.

I can't see the Celtics being any different if they continue their winning ways. But I don't see the image of class rubbing off anytime soon. The Sox might be hated for winning but they are recognized as a classy organization with some outstanding individuals from ownership into the clubhouse. The Celtics are the same way.