Author Topic: Denver and Detroit trade looks like a possibility  (Read 11677 times)

Denver and Detroit trade looks like a possibility
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Apparently from rumors on hoopshype, melo wants to know what is his future with denver. If there were to be a trade detroit looks like the only suiters for him right now.

A deal that would workout easily would be trading melo and say steven hunter to detroit for a first round pick next year, 2nd round picks, aaron afflalo and denver residing chauncy billups.

Billups and iverson would make a dangerous backcourt and detroit pretty much have the next chauncy in stuckey ready to play now

No doubt detroit has a slight edge in what they do receive from the trade, but denver gets some much needed leadership and champion calibre player in chauncy to help their confused team

another trade scenerio

chauncy and prince for melo. That makes more sense actually

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:12:26 PM by Triboy16 »

Re: Denver and Detroit trade looks like a possibility
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:12:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
that's a bad trade for denver. They are not going to win with Iverson and Billups, so they may as well get some better young prospects and/or cap space for Melo than that.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
that's a bad trade for denver. They are not going to win with Iverson and Billups, so they may as well get some better young prospects and/or cap space for Melo than that.

Billups is the type of PG you need with AI.  Big enough to cover the SGs. 

I guess Detroit would be going with Stucky as PG.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
dont melo and prince play the same position.
i would think he would be involved in the trade. doesnt make sense to keep both

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »

Offline e in boulder

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Billups/MLE
AI/Smith
Prince/Kleiza/Smith
Martin/Nene/Najera
Camby/Nene

Actually not a bad team at all. Defensivley this makes the Nuggets much better in my opinion.

I always thought points were the easiest thing to replace. Melo is a good talent, no doubt - but hes a lot more Antoine Walker then  Paul Pierce. Bringing championship experienced Billups and Prince in - and maybe overpaying James Posey (Lets hope not) and the Nuggets are a lot closer to a championship then they'd be with Melo.

trying to figure how the heck I'm 'sposed to pay for the rent/
when uncle sam taking 80 percent/
my loot is gone/
i might of exaggerated a bit/but moving on. - astonish.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Both teams are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Funny thing is, if Dumars had drafted right and not taken Darko, they wouldn't be trading for Melo, they'd already have him.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i can see the melo for prince billups going down. sounds dangerous to the celtics.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
true, but if they later traded Darko for the Orlando pick and took Stuckey. Not Melo, but not bad value either.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 11:09:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
i can see the melo for prince billups going down. sounds dangerous to the celtics.

that doesn't worry me much, in fact I would put the pistons out of contention if that happens. They lose their defense and their heart and experience in Prince and Billups, Melo doesn't make up for any of that, he's just a scorer, and we know what our defense can do to scorers ;D

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Melo is one of those players who is going to score a lot of points and never win anything. He's another Alex English or Dominique Wilkins.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 11:53:37 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Joe Dumars has been a pretty savvy GM (the Darko pick notwithstanding).  I can't believe he would trade Billups and Prince for Anthony.  Maybe something involving Wallace and Prince.  Billups is a championship calibar player, Anthony, well isn't (IMHO).  This would be his second mistake involving Anthony if he traded Billups and anyone for him.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If Joe Dumars can land Carmelo Anthony is the biggest coup he's had since Rasheed Wallace and will likely even better that.

Anthony is a championship player. He is an All-Pro level player. He is a franchise player. He is one of the best scorers in the game.

By the way, Denver trading Carmelo Anthony would be the biggest black mark on the History of their franchise.

If this deal were on the table and I don't for a moment believe it is, Detroit would be robbing Denver blind.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
let's not forget that Dumars would have never landed Rasheed without Ainge's assist. He's going to need an even bigger assist to land Carmelo without giving up too much.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 12:29:35 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
If Joe Dumars can land Carmelo Anthony is the biggest coup he's had since Rasheed Wallace and will likely even better that.

Anthony is a championship player. He is an All-Pro level player. He is a franchise player. He is one of the best scorers in the game.

By the way, Denver trading Carmelo Anthony would be the biggest black mark on the History of their franchise.

If this deal were on the table and I don't for a moment believe it is, Detroit would be robbing Denver blind.

how is Melo a championship player? He hasn't won anything, and he doesn't pass or play defense. I can agree calling him one of the best scorers in the game, but that's it.