Author Topic: top three at each position  (Read 13326 times)

Re: top three at each position
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2008, 07:52:34 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
C - Duncan, Howard, Yao
PF - KG, Dirk, Amare
SF - LeBron, Pierce, Melo/Butler
SG - Kobe, McGrady, Ginobili
PG - Paul, Williams, Nash

I'm fine with having a defensive bias, but there has to be balance and common sense applied as well. 

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
nash is prob the best pure pg in regards to getting the offense going. Chris paul not too far second. But because nash has very average defense skills phoenix has gone nowhere

Defense wins games. Forget just regular season and think about top three in each position as in trying to win it all

David west in those terms is better than carmelo and carmelo is an offensive machine

My top threes are biased towards players that gone far or won it all. (exclusion with centers, no choice with howard and ming)

I love Raj like anyone else.  But does Nash's defensive weakness prevent this team from winning a title if he'd been there instead?  Here's thinking not.

-sw

So you are telling me that single handedly, nash's defense is preventing the suns from getting to the finals and that rondo's defense is why the c's won a title?

Not for nothing, but Parker killed the Suns in the playoffs this year. He averaged 29 a game on 52% shooting and got about 19 a game vs the Hornets and Lakers. Nash is a pretty serious defensive liability at this point in his career. And there's now way AI is a top 3 pg (if he's even a pg). I'd put Billups 3rd and Davis 4th and probably Parker 5th, but Rondo's not far behind.

A lot of people really undervalue Rondo. His performance in the playoffs was extremely good for a 2nd year player. But if he hadn't recovered from his ankle problem by game 6 there would be a dozen threads about trading him and signing some journeyman pg to run the team next year.

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
PG Paul,Nash, Williams
SG Kobe, Wade (if healthy), T-Mac
SF James, Pierce, Marion
PF Duncan, KG, Dirk
C  Howard, Yao, Chandler