Author Topic: top three at each position  (Read 13328 times)

Re: top three at each position
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 12:12:03 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
also, a healthy baron davis is an extremely good PG, look at this years stats in all 82 games:

22ppg, 5rpg, 8apg, 2spg

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 12:12:44 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
does nash play any good defense?? is parker better than rondo in defense?? rondo is the best defensive pg right now and in overall factor with his progressing offense(i mean he is above average, most smart teams rather have him than nash)

nash is good on offense but how about defense?

I think I'll lean with the voters on this one.  Those would be the ones who named the Nashty one MVP two seasons in a row -- and who probably should have last season, when he had his best individual year of the three.

That being said, it's an interesting thread -- thanks for starting.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 12:15:33 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis

SF: LeBron, Pierce, Soon to be discovered

come on now edgar, doesnt that have to be carmelo, 26ppg 7rpg 3agp on 49%
and first round exit.. ;)
thanks to realize I am not a melo guy.
I am hoping for something better for this league
 ;D

I'm not a melo guy either, i really dont like him at all, but lets be honest, the man can flat out play the game. He is incredibly strong and can drive, shoot the midrange shot, the 3 has improved, very quick first step.

So he was a first round exit big deal, his team was not as good as the lakers and he shouldnt have advanced.
So now in order to be in the top 3 at each position you have to make it to the semi finals or something?

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
nash is prob the best pure pg in regards to getting the offense going. Chris paul not too far second. But because nash has very average defense skills phoenix has gone nowhere

Defense wins games. Forget just regular season and think about top three in each position as in trying to win it all

David west in those terms is better than carmelo and carmelo is an offensive machine

My top threes are biased towards players that gone far or won it all. (exclusion with centers, no choice with howard and ming)

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 12:19:29 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
here are some other noteworthy small forwards for you:

Carmelo
Hedo
Rashard Lewis
Gerald Wallace
Josh Smith
Ron Artest
Caron Butler
Richard Jefferson
Peja

Of all these I would prob take Caron Butler as my no. 3 SF now that I look at them, he plays his heart out, great defensive player, and a very good offensive player over the past years and only getting better, plus he can seriously hit the boards when his team needs him to

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 12:20:35 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24

SF: LeBron, Pierce, Soon to be discovered

come on now edgar, doesnt that have to be carmelo, 26ppg 7rpg 3agp on 49%
and first round exit.. ;)
thanks to realize I am not a melo guy.
I am hoping for something better for this league
 ;D

I'm not a melo guy either, i really dont like him at all, but lets be honest, the man can flat out play the game. He is incredibly strong and can drive, shoot the midrange shot, the 3 has improved, very quick first step.

So he was a first round exit big deal, his team was not as good as the lakers and he shouldnt have advanced.
So now in order to be in the top 3 at each position you have to make it to the semi finals or something?

you have to get far. Whats the point of being a great player if you are only with stats and being good in the regular season. The best are the ones who excell when it really counts

nash has no excuses he has been surrounded by so many good players year after year

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:12 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
nash is prob the best pure pg in regards to getting the offense going. Chris paul not too far second. But because nash has very average defense skills phoenix has gone nowhere

Defense wins games. Forget just regular season and think about top three in each position as in trying to win it all

David west in those terms is better than carmelo and carmelo is an offensive machine

My top threes are biased towards players that gone far or won it all. (exclusion with centers, no choice with howard and ming)

what are you talking about, have you not read previous posts on this thread, david west is NOT a SF but a PF
He played PF all year for n'orleans
C - Chander
PF- West
SF- Peja
SG- Mo-pete
PG- Chris Paul

Please watch some more bball

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Triboy- No "smart team" would ever think Rajon Rondo is better than former MVP of the league Steve Nash. Rondo is generally one of the best pgs in the league defensively, although he still gets caught gambling a little too often, and he is also very bad at fighting through picks. Nash is defensive poison, and that's a fact. But this guy is one of the most talented offensive point guards to ever play the game of basketball. He has the entire package. Sometimes I actually feel like people aren't aware of how good a shooter Nash is. He's such a talented player that his passing overshadows his shooting ability.

Rondo is similar to Tony Parker in style, but Tony is just a much better version of Rajon at this point. Rajon might rise to Tony's level within a few years from now. For now though, advatage Parker by a mile.

Not including tweeners AI and Gilbert, there are 7 point guards who are UNDENIABLY better than Rajon, no matter how big of a homer you are:

- Nash
- Billups
- Kidd
- D. Will.
- Parker
- Chris Paul
- Baron Davis

Then add in the Andre Millers and the Jose Calderons of the world who many would argue equal Rondo's value, and you see why Rondo shouldn't sniff your top 3 list.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 12:25:22 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Putting Rondo anywhere near that list is a joke. I love the guy, but talk to me again in three years about him. I mean come on - there's no way you actually think he's better than Parker or Nash...

I love Rondo too (hence my sn), but fans can be so fickle, love/hate you know. All these people when we were in LA were saying"play house play sam play tony. anbody but rondo." If Rondo had a poor game in game 6, people would say be wanting to dump him like they wanted to dump telfair at this time last yr. He has a great game 6 and now he's a top 3 point guard?

I like Rondo a lot and he's a key to whether we can remain contenders as our veteran three age. If he can make the leap that would be huge. Right now he hasn't made that leap yet.

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

I love Raj like anyone else.  But does Nash's defensive weakness prevent this team from winning a title if he'd been there instead?  Here's thinking not.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:47 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis

I love Raj like anyone else.  But does Nash's defensive weakness prevent this team from winning a title if he'd been there instead?  Here's thinking not.

-sw

So you are telling me that single handedly, nash's defense is preventing the suns from getting to the finals and that rondo's defense is why the c's won a title? I'm sorry but d'antoni was not a defensive minded coach, amare cant play D, raja bell is overrated in my opinion, and shaq just doesnt get it done anymore, they have no D off the bench in leandro, i know diaw is pretty good defensively, but i think we have learned by now that TEAM defense wins, not the one person who can play D!

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Carmelo
Hedo
Rashard Lewis
Gerald Wallace
Josh Smith
Ron Artest
Caron Butler
Richard Jefferson
Peja

Of all these I would prob take Caron Butler as my no. 3 SF now that I look at them, he plays his heart out, great defensive player, and a very good offensive player over the past years and only getting better, plus he can seriously hit the boards when his team needs him to

Richard carried and will carry Nets by himself
Josh deserves something too for rebounds defense and blocks
I am not judging only stat wise

I am not changing my opinion on Melo. sorry I hope one of the young ones carry the 3rd place or better leave PP and LJ as elite.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis

Carmelo
Hedo
Rashard Lewis
Gerald Wallace
Josh Smith
Ron Artest
Caron Butler
Richard Jefferson
Peja

I am not changing my opinion on Melo. sorry I hope one of the young ones carry the 3rd place or better leave PP and LJ as elite.

what about caron butler at #3 SF, he is a very good and underrated player who can rebound, score, play D, shoot, drive, pass

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Carmelo
Hedo
Rashard Lewis
Gerald Wallace
Josh Smith
Ron Artest
Caron Butler
Richard Jefferson
Peja

what about caron butler at #3 SF, he is a very good and underrated player who can rebound, score, play D, shoot, drive, pass

caron butler is a poors man paul pierce

Not No.3  worthy for me
but as good or better than anyone on your list I agree
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 12:38:36 AM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
so edgar, then who is your no. 3, you are just gonna stick with 2? This is the "top three at each position" thread. Why not just name that 3rd one, hell, even make it James Posey if you want, better yet, how about michael beasley