Author Topic: Chris Wallace's latest rumored move  (Read 11109 times)

Re: Chris Wallace's latest rumored move
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 07:02:40 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I don't understand why Miami wouldn't want to team Wade and Beasly.  Beasly can play perhaps 3 positions. They have Marion who can play 3 positions.  They could build a REALLY athletic team.

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I just don't think Hinrich is talented enough to justify the contract, nor is his shooting as good as some think make him a nice fit next to Wade. Wade has good defensive skills and gets to the hole as well as anyone, but he's not a shooter, and you wear him out ALWAYS having the ball in his hands. Additionally he's a bit small to man up some of the taller SGs in the league. The heat should look for a backcourt team mate who can handle the ball enough to take pressure off Wade, catch and shoot, and has above average size/strength to play D on some of the bigger SGs when needed. Additionally, the PG has to be able to exist as a secondary offensive figure. Hinrich fills some of those, but I just don't see the over all talent or perfect fit that would justify absorbing that contract.

There's proabbly a deal that sends Marion in a sign and trade to LAL that would work for MIA, but I can't think of it.

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I don't understand why Miami wouldn't want to team Wade and Beasly.  Beasly can play perhaps 3 positions. They have Marion who can play 3 positions.  They could build a REALLY athletic team.

They can also bring back Ricky Davis if they wanted and they could start Wade/Ricky/Beasley/Marion/Wilcox. I don't know if the pick had anything to do with it, but I heard Miami was talking about something about Blount for Wilcox.

And that's a crazy athletic team, but any good? Probably not.

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 12:27:12 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

There's proabbly a deal that sends Marion in a sign and trade to LAL that would work for MIA, but I can't think of it.

Marion for Odom and Farmar?

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 09:30:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah, if I know the way this league works it will be something along the lines of:

Lakers get:

Shawn Marion

Heat get:

Luke Walton
Ronny Turiaf - who was sent in a sgn and trade after signing a contract for $11 million per year.
Every Laker 2nd round pick for the next 4 years. 

That sounds as fair and balanced as the Gasol trade right?

;) :D ;D