Author Topic: Chris Wallace's latest rumored move  (Read 11104 times)

Re: Chris Wallace's latest rumored move
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Maybe I am biased, because I think Beasley is going to be a superstar, but I think that is a great trade for Memphis. 

Therein lies the rub.  I think Mayo is going to be a better player than Beasley, and Mike Miller is obviously a much, much better player than Blount.

While neither one is a bastion of integrity or maturity, I think Mayo is less of a risk than Beasley is.

Personal preference I guess.  I just have never (and I mean NEVER) seen a more dominant college player than Beasley.  He absolutely toyed with teams, even when he was being double and triple teamed.  I did not see any hole in his offensive game, and he has all of the tools to be a good defender if he is gets to play under the right coach. 

Mayo I think is also very talented...but I think Beasley is more special.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I wish good health for Chris Wallace.

That said, he has fallen to rare depths of ill repute in my book.  I had forgiven him all his trespasses as a Celtics GM and scout. I had accepted that it was 'Thanks Dad' who orchestrated - or at least mandated the Vin Baker deal.   I had found empathy in my heart for his colossal screwing up of the 2001 draft.  So what if he got nothing at all out of 3 #1 picks in a deeply talented draft.  So what if he traded away the only pick of value (JJ) for a faux 'run' in the 2002 playoffs.  I'd forgiven him ALL of that since he seemed like a nice guy -- I even hoped he'd do well in Memphis.  

With the C's victory last week, Chris Wallace would have been nothing but a distant memory if not for his aboniminable Laker saving move.

To me, there is just absolutely no excuse for giving the Los Angeles Lakers a legitimate shot at the NBA title for the next 5 years by handing Gasol to them for nothing.  Yer, I know Gasol was reduced to a glimmer of himself by the Boston defense (and the pressure of the finals).  However, by getting an all-star scoring big to add to the 7-foot man-child that is Bynum, it puts the Lakers well on the map for years to come.  I simply hate the Lakers and I just cannot believe that the Laker package was the best he could have received for Pau.

I wish him good health, but I have no more forgiveness for Mr. Wallace.  As for the possible trade mentioned by the OP, all I can say is that if  Chris Wallace wants it, its probabaly a great idea for Miami to do it.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 03:49:21 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Blount is getting the chance few get, to live in many different parts of the country. 

Yeah, he's seen most the country by now, and the problem is the only place he doesnt like going, is in the paint.

It's like a game of hot potato between GM's in this league.  Whoever has blount when the buzzer sounds loses.

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
That seems like a bad trade for Miami.  Mayo is a 2, same as Wade.  Neither is a true PG, and both too small to play the 3.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think they would be better off working out a deal with Chicago.  Get Hinrich and a future 1st for Beasley, Blount and Smush. 

Or if they are really creative, swap out the future 1st for Noah and Smush for Banks.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I think they would be better off working out a deal with Chicago.  Get Hinrich and a future 1st for Beasley, Blount and Smush. 

Or if they are really creative, swap out the future 1st for Noah and Smush for Banks.

That is too much to give up for Hinrich.  I think Miami should either be rebuilding, or using their pick to get another legit star.

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 04:04:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think the 2nd trade makes sense.

starting lineup of
Hinrich
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Noah

They would need to fill out the bench, but if the bench is respectable, that is a good defensive team with an offensive star. 

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

starting lineup of
Hinrich
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Noah

They would need to fill out the bench, but if the bench is respectable, that is a good defensive team with an offensive star. 

Not to mention the addition by subtraction of Blount and banks (just to much money)

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

starting lineup of
Hinrich
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Noah

Not to mention the addition by subtraction of Blount and banks (just to much money)

Chicago with Rose, Gordon, Deng, Beasley, Thomas, Nocioni, Sefalosha, Gooden, Hughes, etc would be EXPLOSIVE. Imagine Dantoni coaching that team? ;)

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
it seems to me that the only way Miami can get Mayo + something else is if Minny or Seattle wants Beasley. i really don't see a scenario where Mayo gets past #3 or worst case #4.

if a team like NY wants Bayless they could try to move up to #3 in which case Seattle almost certainly would take Mayo and either keep or trade him. but i'm not even sure that NY would take Bayless at #3 if they got up there. the value pick at #3 seems like Mayo to me no matter who ends up using it.

IMO if Miami does not want Beasley and prefers Mayo, they shoud just take him.

for Miami, it's too bad that some immaturity issues have popped up with Beasley because he seems like he could be a good fit with Wade in terms of his game.

at the end of the day, i think they will go with Beasley because of the overlap in skills between Mayo and Wade.

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

starting lineup of
Hinrich
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Noah

Wait, so it is Noah, Hinrich, and a future #1 for the #2 pick, Banks and Blount?

Thats not as bad, although I still think you are overrating Hinrich's value. 

I am a big Hinrich fan, and think he would be great on the heat, but he also is coming off the worst year of his career, and people are starting to talk about him as being an albatross contract player.

I also don't think the Bulls would want both Beasley and Rose.  They have some guys who want to win now, and bringing two big rookies like that would be tough.  I think this would would work best if they involved a third team who would take Beasley, and send a veteran to the Bulls.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I love Beasley, but it's hard to swallow Mark Blount under any circumstances.

Memphis ought to draft Kevin Love or Brook Lopez and let it go at that. If Miami wants Miller, Memphis will take Udonis Haslem and filler(probably Smush Parker) instead of Blount.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

starting lineup of
Hinrich
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Noah

Wait, so it is Noah, Hinrich, and a future #1 for the #2 pick, Banks and Blount?

Thats not as bad, although I still think you are overrating Hinrich's value. 

I am a big Hinrich fan, and think he would be great on the heat, but he also is coming off the worst year of his career, and people are starting to talk about him as being an albatross contract player.

I also don't think the Bulls would want both Beasley and Rose.  They have some guys who want to win now, and bringing two big rookies like that would be tough.  I think this would would work best if they involved a third team who would take Beasley, and send a veteran to the Bulls.

Miami's salary structure is actually really good. they have no need to worry about Blount's contract and Noah and Hinrich for Beasley and a #1 (probably not a good #1 at that) is a really bad trade for Miami.

for Chicago, it puts them right near the top of the EC with Rose, Deng and Beasely to build around....

actually, if Miami plays their cards right, they could be right in line in the LeBron sweepstakes. how crazy would that be having Wade and LeBron together. talk about high profile.

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Wow the opinion of Michael Beasley is pretty low in this thread.

The Memphis-Miami trade would be a home run for Chris Wallace. One guy is a potential franchise, the other is hopefully a borderline all-star. It's a huge difference. Mike Miller and Mark Blount are irrelevant ... the bounty is Beasley. He's the guy.

That Chicago trade is even more one-sided against Miami. It's on a Pau Gasol level. Chicago with Rose-Gordon-Deng-Beasley-Gooden is a playoff team and just a few moves (defensive minded center) away from contending. You're going to give up a potential franchise player for a below average starter who's peaked and is on a bad contract? And a below average center who's potential is he can maybe be a top 10-15 center in this league? Great. Where's Miami go from there? They'll be stuck in mediocrity for the next 5 years. Beautiful. That'll be fun. Try convincing Dwyane Wade to stay while NY and several others chase his tail when all you have to offer him is Kirk Hinrich.

Michael Beasley is a great fit for Miami. Himself and Wade are going to be an incredible scoring combination. There's no trade mentioned that provides a better foundation that. The rest of the roster comes later.

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Mark Blount makes us all wish we were 7 feet tall.