Author Topic: Chris Wallace's latest rumored move  (Read 11105 times)

Chris Wallace's latest rumored move
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »

Offline Mon

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Word on the Street: Who's Moving Up or Down?

by: Jonathan Givony - President
June 19, 2008
Trade Talk

Numerous teams we spoke with today discussed the rumors of a potential draft-night trade that is making the rounds in NBA circles. Presuming that Derrick Rose goes #1, Miami would select Michael Beasley at #2 regardless, and wait to see if O.J. Mayo were to fall to the 5th overall pick. If that indeed was the case, Memphis would select him, and then trade him to Miami along with Mike Miller in exchange for Mark Blount and Beasley.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/

So Miller and Mayo for Blount and Beasley?

Sometimes I don't understand Chris Wallace...honestly.

Re: Chris Wallace's latest rumored move
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Brilliant trade for Miami if they can pull it off.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Too bad Kwame won't be back with Memphis. A Blount/Kwame duo down low would be classic. Not sure what to make of this trade. Not a fan of Beasley's character, but he's the best player in the deal, so you have to think it might actually be a good deal for Memphis. Blount obviously is just there to match contracts.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
its hard to believe were only a week away from draft nights trades, and then another week away from free agent season!!! Lets do this every year!!  ;D

That proposed trade looks interesting for both sides. Has potential for both.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Although it will be Kevin McHale making the decision, so all bets are off, Minnesota will not allow this to happen because they have such a glaring need for a player like Mayo that it isn't likely he will be there at #5.

If Miami likes Mayo that much, and honestly I think in time he will be the "star" to come out of this draft, they are going to have to bite the bullet and take him.

And Chris Wallace is an idiot. Anyone willing to evn think about taking on Mark Blount doesn't deserve to be in charge of an NBA franchise.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Not a terrible move.. Memphis doesn't have a decent PF or C. they have Gay so they don't really need Mayo. Only problem is replacing Miller.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 02:14:47 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

June 19, 2008
Trade Talk

Numerous teams we spoke with today discussed the rumors of a potential draft-night trade that is making the rounds in NBA circles. Presuming that Derrick Rose goes #1, Miami would select Michael Beasley at #2 regardless, and wait to see if O.J. Mayo were to fall to the 5th overall pick. If that indeed was the case, Memphis would select him, and then trade him to Miami along with Mike Miller in exchange for Mark Blount and Beasley.

there's no way Mayo goes past #3 so i don't see this deal going down.

FWIW, i honestly think that Blount would be a good fit on NYK -- he'd probably be a good fit in D'Antoni's system.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 02:18:29 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

June 19, 2008
Trade Talk

there's no way Mayo goes past #3 so i don't see this deal going down.

FWIW, i honestly think that Blount would be a good fit on NYK -- he'd probably be a good fit in D'Antoni's system.

But he has no hands though! How can he fit in a passing offense? Passing to him is like throwing to closed fists.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »

Offline RunRondoRun

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
i highly doubt mayo drops to the 5th pick.  mayo is going to be a stud.  i think he can play the point in the league.  kind of a more explosive brandon roy. 

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 02:36:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Whats wrong with that trade?  It actually looks pretty even to me, and makes a whole lot of sense.

Maybe I am biased, because I think Beasley is going to be a superstar, but I think that is a great trade for Memphis. 

Miller is probably gone anyways, and they are basically just replacing his salary with Blount's.  They really need a big man, but have plenty of PG's.  And Beasley is the most talented player in the draft. 

I just don't see the problem with this.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Maybe I am biased, because I think Beasley is going to be a superstar, but I think that is a great trade for Memphis. 

Therein lies the rub.  I think Mayo is going to be a better player than Beasley, and Mike Miller is obviously a much, much better player than Blount.

While neither one is a bastion of integrity or maturity, I think Mayo is less of a risk than Beasley is.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 03:00:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Mark Blount's contract included in yet another trade. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Is he still racking up the trade kickers?

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Mark Blount's contract included in yet another trade. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Is he still racking up the trade kickers?

No, you only get a trade kicker the first time you're traded.  Blount has still done pretty well for himself.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Therein lies the rub.  I think Mayo is going to be a better player than Beasley, and Mike Miller is obviously a much, much better player than Blount.

While neither one is a bastion of integrity or maturity, I think Mayo is less of a risk than Beasley is.
TP4U Roy. Now I don't have to right the same exact thing.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Blount is getting the chance few get, to live in many different parts of the country.