Author Topic: The "It's hit me that the Celtics are NBA Champions" Thread  (Read 1454 times)

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'm starting this thread even though I can't say that it's hit me yet.  The last few days have been weird, I've just kinda been taking the whole scene in while walking around on cloud nine.

I know something great has happened, one of the happiest moments of my life, but it still hasn't fully sunk in.  I don't know when it will happen completely, I honestly think it might not be until they hang the banner.  It still feels great though and I'm just going to enjoy the ride.  I have had a few moments where I just laugh and say to myself "Wow, we're NBA Champions."

How bout you guys?  Has it hit you yet?  If not, how long do you think it'll take?

It's a lot for us to grasp as the whole thing is a lot bigger than all of us.  I'm sure a lot of you will be like me and have it take awhile to wrap your brain around.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:34:08 PM by Edgar »
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: The "It's hit me that the Celtics are NBA Champions" Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
well First of all I love the shaq quote on your signature
Shaq knews back then.

Next Ic ant stand more "official threads" lol...sorry I am changing it
 ;)

Then Yup. i still think I am dreaming, hope I never get up, at least in 3 years with this team.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: The "It's hit me that the Celtics are NBA Champions" Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
When the banner goes up and they start playing games again I think it will have become part of history.  For now, it's definite a big, happy blur.
Yup