Author Topic: Chad Ford's Tiers  (Read 3968 times)

Chad Ford's Tiers
« on: June 19, 2008, 03:20:26 PM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Chad Ford did a write up of his Draft Tiers.  Obviously the Celtics would be picking from the players in the last tier.  They are:

Ryan Anderson
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Jamont Gordon
Nathan Jawai
Jason Thompson
Bill Walker
D.J. White

He listed 35 players total so these 7 are #29-35.  Anyone from the tiers above would be sliders, but what do you think of this list and who would you want at our pick?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=Tiers-080619

Re: Chad Ford's Tiers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
If we could get CDR, I would love it.  He could be the perfect understudy to PP and Ray over the next few years.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:32:54 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Bill Walker jumps out at me, if he's available.  He's got a trick knee, but before that he was considered a top-5 prospect.  I'd take him and see if he could get healthy.  Could be a diamond in the rough.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »

Offline quikblink

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Jawai is interesting.  6'10 athletic, strong, and big.   

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »

Offline GaBerkowitz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Out of that group I like CDR and Bill Walker.  I really think Danny needs to target wing players in the draft.  Another name that could work is Gary Forbes from UMass.  I dunno if thats me being a homer and a umass alum or what but I think he could be a good bench guy pretty quickly.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
i like Anderson as a prospect, but i don't think he can play the SF spot and we are overloaded at the PF spot...

CDR and Walker i think will be gone....

i like Courtney Lee, i hope he slides....and the INTL players are very hard to get a feel for...

there are also a bunch of other prospects not on the list that i wonder if Danny will have the time to bring in like Weems, Hairston, Hardin, Mbah a Moute, et al..

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
CDR would be my pick.

Ryan Anderson is not bad, but he wouldn't bring nothing to our team (and I prefer Hardin). I don't like Bill Walker. I don't know much about those other guys.   

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
It's impossible to predict the end of this draft.  Bill Walker is rumored to have a promise from Detroit at 29, and I find that rumor to be credible.  He's the kind of kid that Joe Dumars likes.  I expect Douglas-Roberts to be gone as well.

When Ainge says he thinks he can get a player to help right away in this year's draft he's probably blowing smoke in a attempt to trade the rights to the player selected (he can't trade the pick itself, since he traded the Celtics' first rounder last year).

If he wants someone NBA ready, maybe he'll stretch for a player like Mike Taylor, who could at least give Rondo some good workouts in practice.  Otherwise, assuming Walker and CDR are goine, everyone else who might conceivably be there at #30 (unless there are major screw-ups by other GMs) is either a project or is not an NBA caliber talent.

I'm strongly coming around to the view that they should go for a project 7 footer (prefereably an International player) and hand him over to Brian Doo and Clifford Ray for a year of physical conditioning, strength training and NBA boot camp. That's what they did with Perkins in his first year.