Author Topic: Hats off to the fans too young to remember  (Read 1521 times)

Hats off to the fans too young to remember
« on: June 19, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This championship was so thrilling, and made me reminisce about every single Celtic championship of which I have a vivid memory. That goes back to the 1967-68 season, and this is the 8th banner of which I have a very personal memory. 

However, as Bob Ryan so eloquently stated in his article in today's Globe, this one is for those of you guys and gals too young to remember.  Celticsblog has many young members, which impresses me greatly, especially those who are too young to even remember the glory days of the 80's. You guys are the best fans of all. You became passionate for a team that did not pay championship dividends for many years. For guys like me, it was easy. I always had the memories to fall back on when things got tough. But not you guys.  My hats off to all of you (under the age of 30 or so) who became fans of this team in trying times, without championship memories, just because you loved and believed in this team. You guys are the best.

Regards,

Old man Footey

Re: Hats off to the fans too young to remember
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Thanks I started in 90-91 because it was the family's team and one of the traditions. I was actually beginning for a while to think I cursed them because they near fell apart after I started watching!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Thanks and a TP for you, footey.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
That was beautiful Footey!

:'(

"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird