Author Topic: 2nd round draft pic?  (Read 24938 times)

Re: 2nd round draft pic?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 01:03:43 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
yo i have seen other people ask, for tommy points, just cause your a moderator doesn't mean you can talk like you are almighty pal.

you are not the only one that was told 'don't beg for TPs.' 

Not because it is against the rules.   

It is because TP's are earned. 

Not sure how you got 561 then after reading some of the things you have posted

For someone looking for TPs, you really know how to sweet talk people. 

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Okay, can we move away from the Tommy Point discussion?  Let's keep it on topic.

TPs will come naturally for good posts.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 01:12:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Yo im done, i was not trying to start anything, it was really more of a joke than anything else and then somebody decided that it was their job to reprimand me and call it begging cough**power trip**cough
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
ENOUGH.  Insulting our mods isn't winning anybody any favors.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Just say NO to BYU players.  I know that's Ainge's alma-mater, but come on ... BYU players are all stiffs.  We don't want another Michael Smith on our hands do we?

Players are stiffs because they play for BYU? Was Ainge a stiff? Plaisted is crap, surely; but this kid Cummard would be a steal with the 60th pick. We're not talking about lotto picks, are we?

This guy is a 23 year old 6-7 185 lb player!  A steal?  You are crazy.  Compare him to JR Giddens and see who'd be the bigger steal.

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 01:33:16 PM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Cummard is better than Giddens. Cummard does everything. All Giddens can do is score, he can't shoot FTs and he isn't a good dude.

Cummard's only issue is that he has a Reggie Miller body type. Other than that he is a LOCK DOWN defender who is long and can shoot from long range and is a very good passer. He should have been the outright Mountain West player of the year (he shared it with Giddens.) He is much better than Plaisted who got all the hype.

Cummard may be a project, but he is no stiff.

He is #30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBImkMePvvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zInL67-Gg
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:40:59 PM by Last Train »

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Go for a Euro guy that has some tools but big question marks.  maybe, just maybe, the Celtics could get lucky in the future.

Ya, like Ben Pepper? (I know he's Australian), or that other Euro SG (who's name is slipping me now), that we were waiting on for years and years?  I'm not a fan of the Euros ... too soft.  Didn't the finals teach you that?  ;)

I think Danny's success in the 2nd round is going with undervalued 4 year college guys who can step in and play.  That's why I like JR Giddens so much.

Are you thinking of Josip Sesar here?
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 02:30:55 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
#60 we should go Mike Green from Butler...athletic/very smart/great defender.

He's like Lindsey Hunter but more defensive minded then when Lindsey first played.

EDIT : Don't believe the articles you read about his defense. I've seen him play and the kid is a very good on-ball defender.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:36:25 PM by yupitsme »

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
O God, now everyone thinks I am begging for TPs

I cant believe it

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

Offline expobear

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 27
yo i have seen other people ask, for tommy points, just cause your a moderator doesn't mean you can talk like you are almighty pal.

you are not the only one that was told 'don't beg for TPs.' 

Not because it is against the rules.   

It is because TP's are earned. 

Not sure how you got 561 then after reading some of the things you have posted

It's because he's posted over 10,000 times. If you stick around long enough, you can do the same. I see you've gotten one TP in less than 20 posts.  You're on your way, Rondo!

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
If I am going to take a total flyer on a guy at 60, it is going to be someone that A)Can be stashed overseas for a year or two and B) Is a freak for their position (and no I am not talking about a 400 pound Chinese guy that cant run)I am looking at a big point guard. Someone completely opposite of rondo and brings a different aspect to the game.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=19031&draftyear=2008
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 05:03:46 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
Go for a Euro guy that has some tools but big question marks.  maybe, just maybe, the Celtics could get lucky in the future.

Ya, like Ben Pepper? (I know he's Australian), or that other Euro SG (who's name is slipping me now), that we were waiting on for years and years?  I'm not a fan of the Euros ... too soft.  Didn't the finals teach you that?  ;)

I think Danny's success in the 2nd round is going with undervalued 4 year college guys who can step in and play.  That's why I like JR Giddens so much.

That's it!  Thanks, TP for that!
Are you thinking of Josip Sesar here?

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Just say NO to BYU players.  I know that's Ainge's alma-mater, but come on ... BYU players are all stiffs.  We don't want another Michael Smith on our hands do we?

Players are stiffs because they play for BYU? Was Ainge a stiff? Plaisted is crap, surely; but this kid Cummard would be a steal with the 60th pick. We're not talking about lotto picks, are we?

This guy is a 23 year old 6-7 185 lb player!  A steal?  You are crazy.  Compare him to JR Giddens and see who'd be the bigger steal.

Honestly, I've never seen Giddens playing (or, if I did, I don't remember). But I'm pretty sure that Cummard is better than a handful of projected 1st round picks that I know.

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Cummard is better than Giddens. Cummard does everything. All Giddens can do is score, he can't shoot FTs and he isn't a good dude.

Cummard's only issue is that he has a Reggie Miller body type. Other than that he is a LOCK DOWN defender who is long and can shoot from long range and is a very good passer. He should have been the outright Mountain West player of the year (he shared it with Giddens.) He is much better than Plaisted who got all the hype.

He is #30

Exactly my thoughts when I saw him and Plaisted playing. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that way.

If I am going to take a total flyer on a guy at 60, it is going to be someone that A)Can be stashed overseas for a year or two and B) Is a freak for their position (and no I am not talking about a 400 pound Chinese guy that cant run)I am looking at a big point guard. Someone completely opposite of rondo and brings a different aspect to the game.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=19031&draftyear=2008

Ponkrashov was my first suggestion in this post, assuming we're going for an Euro to stash and save the salary. Not a bad player at all. The downside is that I rate his chances of becoming good enough to play in the NBA at something around 1/200.

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff

Dude, you are dead wrong.  Giddens was in the same conference as Cummard, and was conference player of the year.  As a SG he led the league in points AND REBOUNDS.