Author Topic: "I'm so glad they were wrong" thread  (Read 1422 times)

"I'm so glad they were wrong" thread
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Is there an official "wow, i can't believe they were that wrong" thread? 

e.g. I usually like hollinger a lot, but look at this nugget from Hollinger's scouting of posey:

2007-08 outlook:  The Celtics signed Posey to a two-year, $7 million deal, one that I think might disappoint them a bit. While Posey answers their need for somebody who can guard LeBron James come playoff time, he struggles defending quicker guards and is unlikely to be much help the likes of Dwyane Wade or Ben Gordon. Additionally, he's likely to drop off a bit from his numbers of a year ago.

The bigger reason he'll disappoint, though, is that he's not Ruben Patterson -- the player Boston passed up in order to sign him. Comparing the two, I'm struggling to fathom how the Celtics came to this decision, and I think it's one they'll regret.

Re: "I'm so glad they were wrong" thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:10:51 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I thought it was a great signing when we got him. I'm telling you ESPN should hire me and Maestro (We both said this last night after the win) for Inside the NBA with Maestro and Rebus. Of course, we'd have to have a ton of special guests from here.  ;D ;D

Re: "I'm so glad they were wrong" thread
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs

I'm glad all those "experts" were wrong.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."