Author Topic: Posey opts out of contract?  (Read 6724 times)

Re: Posey opts out of contract?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I tried like 4 times to send the bulletin link but it would let me, probably because it would get you to access my account or somethin..idk.

But here is his myspace link. Add him if you want.

www.myspace.com/theofficial_jp

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Sorry Manch, when I was calling it the "LLE" that we could offer House, I was referring to that Bi-Annual exception. Should have made that clear.

That said, even without using the Bi-Annual or Mid Level exception, I guess we can sign House for up to $1.8 million next year. From the same Wikipedia page:

Non-Bird exception
Free Agents who qualify for this exception are called "non-qualifying free agents" in the CBA, meaning they do not qualify under either the Larry Bird Exception or the Early Bird Exception. Under this exception, teams can re-sign a player to a contract beginning at either 120% of his salary for the previous season, or 120% of the league's minimum salary, whichever amount is higher. Contracts signed under the Non-Bird exception can last up to six years.

Similarly, we could resign Posey for up to $3,847,200 next year using the same exception. However, we couldn't really give him a long term deal, since after the first year's 20% raise from this year, we could only include 8% raises in the following years, meaning the best we could offer is something like 5 years, $22.5 mil or 4 years, $17.25 mil, something I think other teams could beat.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
James Posey's profile is on private. Maybe it is him because why would a fake, James Posey Fan made profile be private?

Ok I see. Even better. Now we could resign House for 20% more (would he get a better offer elsewhere that would be enough to make him want to leave?), sign Posey to the Mid-Level if he doesn't except the 20% bump, and bring in a Bi-Annual player along with X-amount of LLE players. If Posey is just going to make the mid-level for his career, he should just stay here until PGA gets too old. I think we have a chance to win back-to-back, back-to-back-to-back or 2 of 3 before the age of the HOF's becomes an issue. And if they remain at All-Star level 3 years from now, Ray Allen's contract expires then anyways and Rondo will need to be resigned. Oh good thing the Lakers are favored already for next season. There's the Celtics motivation right now!  ;D

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i say we do whatever we can to have him stay. theres no way this banner could have gone up without him. look at miami after he left. i don't want to end up like miami.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 11:45:51 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Posey didn't really opt out. He chose not to "opt in". He had a player option and he didn't exercised it until June 15th (as expected). So, as soon as his contract is over (July 1st?), he'll be an unrestricted free agent.

ps - Perhaps the mods shall consider to merge all "Posey situation" threads.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 01:08:12 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
ainge can't rest on the posey situation and worry more about the draft

I hoped he has been talking to posey or his agent and they have something ready

but all i been hearing is that sleazy agent stating posey got ripped off last year. What he doesn't know is that posey was bound to play with no team or play even for a smaller salary if it weren't for the celts

So whatever is whatever, we sign posey to 3 deal 15 million deal now. Salary situation stinks right now but by next year we have alot more we can do to stay under the cap. Nobody said keeping a championship team together was cheap

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 01:36:56 AM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
losing posey would hurt more than i think we realize.  hopefully we can keep him green.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
ainge can't rest on the posey situation and worry more about the draft

I hoped he has been talking to posey or his agent and they have something ready

but all i been hearing is that sleazy agent stating posey got ripped off last year. What he doesn't know is that posey was bound to play with no team or play even for a smaller salary if it weren't for the celts

So whatever is whatever, we sign posey to 3 deal 15 million deal now. Salary situation stinks right now but by next year we have alot more we can do to stay under the cap. Nobody said keeping a championship team together was cheap

Relax.  Posey's agent said Posey signed a below-market deal.  Why does that make him "sleazy"?  He was speaking the truth.  This season, Posey will get a raise, and he probably deserves one.

Second, I wouldn't worry about Danny focusing on the draft, and not Posey.  The draft is June 26.  Teams can't even talk to free agents until July 1, and they can't be signed until July 9.  Danny has his priorities together.  I mean, the guy just put together a championship roster.  Let's cut him some slack, okay?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions