Author Topic: Tommy Last Night  (Read 2165 times)

Tommy Last Night
« on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The look on Tommy's face last night while doing the post game interviews was so genuinely loving.  He was like a proud Papa - especially with Pierce.  There were a lot of special moments last night, but seeing the sincere joy on Tommy's face while sharing his Celtics love with his "kids" was great to see.
Yup

Re: Tommy Last Night
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The interview with those two and Pierce was great.  They had been through Pierce's incredible journey side by side.  Of all the interviews this was the best.  This is who Mike and Tommy were happiest for, and Paul showed his respect for the two of them.  Great, genuine moment.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The look on Tommy's face last night while doing the post game interviews was so genuinely loving.  He was like a proud Papa - especially with Pierce.  There were a lot of special moments last night, but seeing the sincere joy on Tommy's face while sharing his Celtics love with his "kids" was great to see.

It was funny watching Pierce hop around doing interviews.  His demeanor changed so much depending on who he was speaking with. 
Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 01:16:32 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Anyone know where I can find this online?

I should have set the DVR to record ABC and CSN!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 02:58:28 AM »

Offline Mark Acres Mom

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
Here's the link for the Tommy/Mike post game interviews, along with a lot of great celebration footage.  Enjoy...
http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/wickedgoodsports/celtics/celtics-postgame-celebration/

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:13:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Tommy and Mike know as well as anyone what Pierce has been through over the years, and how incredibly deserving he is of all this, and their obvious elation over this amazing season and Paul's MVP Award was a joy to share in. How I truly wish Red could have lived just a little longer, and DJ, and Doc's dad, just to see this team once again reach it's "Glory Days" ... the the culmination of the rebuilding process realized ... it's very bittersweet in that respect, but so wonderful to have Tommy and Mike get to share in it with their "extended" Celtic family!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *