Author Topic: Any rationale behind not getting the whole bench in that game?!  (Read 4994 times)

Re: Any rationale behind not getting the whole bench in that game?!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 06:49:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Usually when you have a huge blowout like that in a finals series you see them throw in guys who didn't get any run. I was surprised why Pruitt and Scal and Sam didn't get in that game at all. Even if it was only for 1-2 minutes. Especially Scal and Pruitt who didn't play at all in the finals. Any ideas why Doc didn't put them in to at least get their names in the stat sheets?!

Because Doc's a horrible coach ;)
Yup

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm sure Doc out of respect to the veteran asked Sam if he wanted to get in for a couple of minutes of garbage time, and Sam said something like "don't worry about it."

I have no official clue on this, just speculation on my part.

I think if Sam was told to go in he would have refused anyway. He was having way, way, way too much fun with his buds KG and Sugar Ray on the bench courtside. Considering as soon as the game was over he wouldn't be a Celtic anymore, what could Doc have done? Made him run laps?

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »

Offline Steve from Milford

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm sure Doc out of respect to the veteran asked Sam if he wanted to get in for a couple of minutes of garbage time, and Sam said something like "don't worry about it."

I have no official clue on this, just speculation on my part.

I saw Doc talk to Sam with a questioning look on his face when he started making substitutions and Same shook his head. I presume he asked Sam if he wanted to go in but he decided against it. He usually doesn't like to play garbage time besides he was clearly enjoying himself just fine.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Sam's been there & done that.  Nice to have some younger guys on the court in that situation.
Yup