Author Topic: The "small" three - Rondo, Perk, Posey  (Read 1442 times)

The "small" three - Rondo, Perk, Posey
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:28 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
What a huge win. Kind of funny to say that a guy that had 5 fouls in 13 minutes made such a huge impact on this team's interior defense. The refs tried to keep him on the bench. That first foul call was the worst thing I have ever seen from the worst ref ever. We all saw what happens when he isn't in there in the other game. Hopefully all those on here that call him a backup at best think differently. I am glad that we locked him up for a reasonable price. He will only get better. Get that shoulder well!

Rondo was a little rough offensively especially at the first. He missed some teardrops close in that he normally hits. Look at that stat line though. 21 pts, 6 steals, 8 assists and 7 boards. THAT is how you fill up the sheet! If he works as hard on his shot as he did over the last offseason and gets back some of the confidence he had towards the first of the year, he will be unstoppable next year. We have to lock this guy up soon.

Posey was amazing again. I mentioned earlier we needed to try and keep him but only if he takes a 2-3 year contract. I am not so sure anymore. Do whatever it takes to sign him. He is money. His defense is great. He makes all the difference when PP or Ray is out. We HAVE to keep this guy.

Main point being the BIG THREE are getting a lot of well deserved accolades, but these three are almost as important. We don't have all three of them and we aren't sitting with #17. The rest are expendable. 

Re: The "small" three - Rondo, Perk, Posey
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I disagree with the last part
THe rest are not expendable
theyre easier to replace

I will hope the Smallest 4 remains in this team

House, Big Baby , Tomny Allen and powe ( u know if tough to fing defensive oriented players this days)

i leave sam and PJ because I am pretty sure theyre not coming back
If they are I will go with the smallest 5

Other than that ...yes Scal, Pollard and Pruitt are easier to replacce
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: The "small" three - Rondo, Perk, Posey
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:49:19 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I disagree with the last part
THe rest are not expendable
theyre easier to replace

I will hope the Smallest 4 remains in this team

House, Big Baby , Tomny Allen and powe ( u know if tough to fing defensive oriented players this days)

i leave sam and PJ because I am pretty sure theyre not coming back
If they are I will go with the smallest 5

Other than that ...yes Scal, Pollard and Pruitt are easier to replacce

That is what I meant by "expendable". I would really like to keep House. Powe is under contract next year anyway. Those two would be harder to replace IMO than TA. BBD is under contract as well so he isn't going anywhere unless we trade him.