Author Topic: Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?  (Read 24327 times)

Re: Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
i'm starting to think about Luc Richard Mbah a Mute.

with all the talk about how good our defense was in the playoffs, i am wondering how important bringing in player with a defensive mindset will be for the future.

Mbah is long and athletic and plays great D. he wouldn't be a flashy pick, but could be really effective for us...

also the guy out of Oregon has the tools to become a great player - Malik Hairston. he was a big time prospect coming out of HS that didn't quite deliver in college, but maybe the pros is where that talent will come together...a la Rondo (another top HS kid that didn't have a great time in college).

I have been thinking about Mbah a Moute too, but I haven't been able to talk myself into him enough to see us reach that far.

He is a potentially great man to man defender in the NBA, but he just seems to be so lost on offense, that I don't know if he could ever see regular minutes.

If we were able to move up in the second round though, he would definitely be worth a shot though.

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Not sure why so many people think we will draft Courtney Lee, it will not be at 30. He will be gone by the early 20s. CDR is slipping due to less than stellar athleticism. He is definitely not TA with handles, more like Rip Hamilton with a little less athleticism.  However, he is very long arms and good size.  I think Danny might have to move up a few spots to get him but it would be worth it. He has a great mid-range game and a great feel for the game, the 3 ball will come with time.

Why do you think the three ball will come to him with time?  He has played 3 years of college in a very weak conference with good interior players and drivers to suck the defense in and he still hasnt developed a good college three point game.  What makes you think he will develop an NBA 3 point game?

courtney wont be there. he is rocketing up the draft right now with great workouts. orlando has a serious eye on him right now. and he has been shooting the ball very well. he is DEFINITELY not gabe pruitts backup thats for sure. hes got a terrific mid range game and a scorers feel. for all the kids people have been throwing in the ring with hamilton, to me its this guy whos game most resembles rips.

and much less heralded 2guard though we have a great shot at who hasnt been mentioned is jr giddens. mwc is a weaker conference but a 6'5 guy that averages almost 9 rebs a game. thats a guy who flat out wants to go get the basketball. thats desire. hes a terrific slasher. hes aggressive. atheltic with long arms and projects out to be a terric defender. he could replace tony allen RIGHT NOW. that is not a joke. had some attitude issues before. was even stabbed once in a night club while at kansas. i cant think of a better group to mentor a kid that has worked real hard to rebuild himself than posey, ray allen and especially paul pierce.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

with all the talk about how good our defense was in the playoffs, i am wondering how important bringing in player with a defensive mindset will be for the future.

Mbah is long and athletic and plays great D. he wouldn't be a flashy pick, but could be really effective for us...

also the guy out of Oregon has the tools to become a great player - Malik Hairston. he was a big time prospect coming out of HS that didn't quite deliver in college, but maybe the pros is where that talent will come together...a la Rondo (another top HS kid that didn't have a great time in college).

I have been thinking about Mbah a Moute too, but I haven't been able to talk myself into him enough to see us reach that far.

He is a potentially great man to man defender in the NBA, but he just seems to be so lost on offense, that I don't know if he could ever see regular minutes.

If we were able to move up in the second round though, he would definitely be worth a shot though.

Some scouts have suggested that he won't get drafted, and were surprised that he's staying in the draft (via DraftExpress).  There's a very real possibility that a Moute could fall to us, which would be nice.

However, if Shan Foster is available at 60 (some places have him going undrafted after a terrible predraft camp), then I'd love to take him.  He's a tall (but skinny) 2 who can shoot the lights out and would give us someone to pick up the slack when Ray is tired from the perimeter.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't particularly like any of the players who are projected to be available at #30.  As I keep saying, their best option is a young big with upside.  Send him to the weight room for a year.

I doubt if DeAndre Jordan, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Mareese Speights, Alexis Ajinca or Javale McGee will slip, but you never know. I don't really know anything about Nathan Jawai or the two Turkish 7 footers.

DeVon Hardin may well be there, but the problem with him is that he's a project (no offensive game whatsoever) who also played 4 years in college.  Why didn't he develop before this?

I'm hoping that, when it's Detroit's turn to pick at #29, both Bill Walker and Ajinca are available.  Detroit takes one, we get the other.  I see no reason to draft a player like Courtney Lee.  Why waste a pick on Gabe Pruitt's backup?

One kid I do like is Kyle Weaver from Washington State, because he has true pg skills at 6-6.  I would not mind seeing the Celtics try to move up to the middle of the 2nd round to get him.

Good points Brick...I'm all for Bill Walker, I think his knee will be fine and his upside is through the roof. He might not be available, but if he is, we should pounce.

I heard Walker lost a lot of the athleticism that he was known for in HS. Is this true? and didn't he have another knee injury during workouts? It might be risky taking him with the 30th because of the injury. No one knows the severity of it right now.

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 12:34:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I don't particularly like any of the players who are projected to be available at #30.  As I keep saying, their best option is a young big with upside.  Send him to the weight room for a year.

I doubt if DeAndre Jordan, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Mareese Speights, Alexis Ajinca or Javale McGee will slip, but you never know. I don't really know anything about Nathan Jawai or the two Turkish 7 footers.

DeVon Hardin may well be there, but the problem with him is that he's a project (no offensive game whatsoever) who also played 4 years in college.  Why didn't he develop before this?

I'm hoping that, when it's Detroit's turn to pick at #29, both Bill Walker and Ajinca are available.  Detroit takes one, we get the other.  I see no reason to draft a player like Courtney Lee.  Why waste a pick on Gabe Pruitt's backup?

One kid I do like is Kyle Weaver from Washington State, because he has true pg skills at 6-6.  I would not mind seeing the Celtics try to move up to the middle of the 2nd round to get him.

Good points Brick...I'm all for Bill Walker, I think his knee will be fine and his upside is through the roof. He might not be available, but if he is, we should pounce.

I heard Walker lost a lot of the athleticism that he was known for in HS. Is this true? and didn't he have another knee injury during workouts? It might be risky taking him with the 30th because of the injury. No one knows the severity of it right now.

Last year he was carrying some extra weight, and definitely was not as athletic as before the injury (not surprising).  However, reports were that once he started working out to prepare for the draft, he shedded some of that extra weight, and his explosiveness was coming back.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 12:38:06 PM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
Has there been any word of Ainge working out any possible draft picks?  If anybody knows please list.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Courtney lee, hardin, hickson is my guess

the congo dude is athletic but such a big project its not worth it. I mean can you recall the last time a project ever became even a good player??

Rush we have no chance gone in the mid teens

If we had to draft a player because of dire need, we need to get hardin or hickson for upfront help.

But a guy like lee could help us out by next year if we don't resign tony allen. we will be pretty short stacked in the sg position.

danny will make the right choice. I think it will be one of those three above if they are still around

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:02 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Courtney lee, hardin, hickson is my guess

the congo dude is athletic but such a big project its not worth it. I mean can you recall the last time a project ever became even a good player??

Rush we have no chance gone in the mid teens

If we had to draft a player because of dire need, we need to get hardin or hickson for upfront help.

But a guy like lee could help us out by next year if we don't resign tony allen. we will be pretty short stacked in the sg position.

danny will make the right choice. I think it will be one of those three above if they are still around

Some projects work out...
Bynum, Perkins, Gerald Gr....nope that's it just Bynum and Perk.

I would take the Congo dude. It's a great time to take a chance on someone like this.  With a great vet crew and a great big man coach.  We don't need this draft pick to step in right away.  Take a chance if the guy falls to you.  The guy plays in Spain, it's not like he's posting up Lions in the bush.   

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
Like most on here, i'm starting to think we go after Courtney Lee. He could definately take some pressure off Ray since he is the oldest of our 3 and will probably start declining first  :(. He's so similar to Rodney Stuckey and I think it worked out nice for Detroit.

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline MrBlonde

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Not sure why so many people think we will draft Courtney Lee, it will not be at 30. He will be gone by the early 20s. CDR is slipping due to less than stellar athleticism. He is definitely not TA with handles, more like Rip Hamilton with a little less athleticism.  However, he is very long arms and good size.  I think Danny might have to move up a few spots to get him but it would be worth it. He has a great mid-range game and a great feel for the game, the 3 ball will come with time.

Why do you think the three ball will come to him with time?  He has played 3 years of college in a very weak conference with good interior players and drivers to suck the defense in and he still hasnt developed a good college three point game.  What makes you think he will develop an NBA 3 point game?

Well, he shot like 41% as a junior, which is pretty good in my opinion(actually better than 2 of PP's 3 years at Kansas). It was a big improvement over his 1st 2 years and it was on more than 100 attempts. Also, now basketball will be his life.  I am sure Rondo never spent an off season in college shooting thousands of jump shots like he did last summer, same goes with a lot of other guys.  If the work ethic is there, players have more time in the NBA to work on their game. I am not saying it will come next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if CDR was a pretty good NBA 3-point shooter in a few years.

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline RunRondoRun

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
if he's still there (although i hear he got a "promise" from detroit) is bill walker.  if he gets his explosion back (knee issues), he can be a real player.  has a pierce like frame. 

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
sonny weems? Jr Giddens?

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Mario Chalmers - PG - Kansas

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/mariochalmers.html

I think he might slip right into our hands like Rajon.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 03:07:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Mario Chalmers - PG - Kansas

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/mariochalmers.html

I think he might slip right into our hands like Rajon.

Good player, who I think will be a nice pro, but I just don't think we need another young PG.

Besides, as much as I like Chalmers, I don't think he is better than Pruitt.

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 03:16:56 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15

Some scouts have suggested that he won't get drafted, and were surprised that he's staying in the draft (via DraftExpress).  There's a very real possibility that a Moute could fall to us, which would be nice.

However, if Shan Foster is available at 60 (some places have him going undrafted after a terrible predraft camp), then I'd love to take him.  He's a tall (but skinny) 2 who can shoot the lights out and would give us someone to pick up the slack when Ray is tired from the perimeter.

Yeah, Foster is unbelievable offensively.  He was on a weak vandy team with really 2 scoring options, faced constant traps and double teams, and was still a nightmare to defend.  He also has nice size for a 2 guard, if we were looking for an athletic young scorer, he definately fits the bill.