Poll

What was Doc thinkin'

me
0 (0%)
you
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Doc's press conference after win!!!!!!  (Read 3265 times)

Doc's press conference after win!!!!!!
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline TKOETJE1

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I almost dropped to the floor when Doc said "there's one thing money can't buy and that is the trophy"......how does he think the Celtics acquired the roster they have especially "Those three guys" it certainly wasn't with good looks. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ honey!!!!
I have never been much of a Celtics fan not even when I lived there for 5 years and I have never liked Paul Pierce and I don't even know why. That having been said I am very happy they won because I wanted to see KG and Ray Allen get a ring......like Paul they deserve it and it would be a real shame is any of those careers ended without one......How 'bout that Rajon
tkoetje1

Re: Doc's press conference after win!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
I think he's saying you still have to play the game and win.

If it helps, think about the knicks.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I almost dropped to the floor when Doc said "there's one thing money can't buy and that is the trophy"......how does he think the Celtics acquired the roster they have especially "Those three guys" it certainly wasn't with good looks. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ honey!!!!
I have never been much of a Celtics fan not even when I lived there for 5 years and I have never liked Paul Pierce and I don't even know why. That having been said I am very happy they won because I wanted to see KG and Ray Allen get a ring......like Paul they deserve it and it would be a real shame is any of those careers ended without one......How 'bout that Rajon
tkoetje1

Smart trades and good drafting is the reason we got that roster.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
no, the celtics drafting well enough throughout these past few years helped them get this championship. it's not like allen and kg were signed.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
money didn't buy any of our guys, smart strategy by Danny got them, and how can you not like paul pierce? He is our captain and hero, a true celtic legend, and he proved it against lebron and kobe, nuff said!!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Knicks
Dallas
Portland
Cleveland
Denver
LA

What do all of these teams have in common?
They all have higher payrolls and they all lost in (or never made) the playoffs.
So you were sayin'?

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 05:48:29 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
his point was that all the $ he's made as a coach or player could never equal winning the title
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 05:52:52 PM »

Offline Shooter1963

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
What he was talking about is a player or coach buying a ring or trophy.  Garnett has enough money to buy whatever he wants.  The only thing he could never buy was a ring.  He had to earn it.  That is what he meant when he said "there's one thing money can't buy and that is the trophy"  That is the Truth!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:38 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
All the credit to the C's for the championship. Many teams shell out the dough, but still end up ringless. Just to be honest though, we got Ray Allen b/c we sucked/tanked last yr and we had the #5 pick b/c of it. We got KG, b/c we could offer Al Jefferson, who we wouldn't have had if Seattle had passed on Robert Swift or Portland had passed on Sebastion Telfair. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. But just b/c you have three all-stars, that doesn't make you a champion. The Celtics became a great TEAM and that's why we have #17.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 06:07:14 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Let's stop feeding the hater. Horrible comment. He knows what Doc meant and he just wants to drag us down. We are champions and better than that.

We did NOT buy this team, we traded for it. The Yankees are a definition of buying the championship. So would the Mavs. (although it didn't work) Big difference. Yet you knew that...

17 Baby!!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
tkoetje1

Completely un-insightful post.

How is trading for players buying a team? It isn't even possible to buy a lineup in the NBA due to the cap. It requires drafting, smart trades, and talent development.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
tkoetje1

then why are you even on this blog? thanks for your utterly useless début post.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
First post! Way to go!

Isn't this the definition of trolling??

Sure looks like someone is looking for a reaction.

Here's mine.

CELTICS RULE!!!!!!