Author Topic: Congrats...well deserved  (Read 2339 times)

Congrats...well deserved
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:07:02 PM »

Offline plasmaPG

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
Well, as I Laker Fan it pains me to say but I will give it up to you guys and the team.  It was a well deserved win after a tough fought playoffs.  The only thing I didn't like was that the Lakers laid over and died, at least they could have put up a fight.  I only hope that our young team will learn from the beat down and come back strong next year.

I know that we will be there for the next few years if Buss keeps the team together so next time we will be tougher but this year was all yours.

Re: Congrats...well deserved
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Well, as I Laker Fan it pains me to say but I will give it up to you guys and the team.  It was a well deserved win after a tough fought playoffs.  The only thing I didn't like was that the Lakers laid over and died, at least they could have put up a fight.  I only hope that our young team will learn from the beat down and come back strong next year.

I know that we will be there for the next few years if Buss keeps the team together so next time we will be tougher but this year was all yours.

Thanks, you´re the second classy Lakers fan I see today (my arm, my left arm is numb!).

Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn´t be too confident about the allegedly bright future of your franchise. No matter the depth and average age of your team, you will only be succesful with a Kobe Bryant at the top of his game. To me, it seems as if he already lost a step.

Just my opinion from the distance.

EDIT: Oh, and let´s hope for another Celtics-Lakers finals next year...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:57:33 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thanks.

Classy post.  Good to see some Lakers fans show dignity. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Thanks plasma.

You guys will be fine if you do alittle tweaking, you have a good base over thier. I think you ditch your current 3's and move odom for good value, and your all set. Then all you need is a defensive stopper off the bench.

here's hoping it isn't james posey  :o :o :o
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Posey better stay, or else I will be mad.

How dare he go to the team that he won a championship against just an year ago.

Makes no sense whatsoever.  ???

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:04:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I doubt he'll go if the celts offer him the MLE. up to danny, but i expect pose to be resigned.

we did this for a window right? and posey is a huge part of this team, why mess with it during said window?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:08:54 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Thanks, plasma.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445