Author Topic: We're One and Done According to Laker Fans  (Read 4749 times)

We're One and Done According to Laker Fans
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
So did you know we are a one year wonder? The next Miami Heat. Just ask Laker fans. From everybody's favourite site:

We are built to win multiple championships. Boston will be a 2nd round exit next year at best.

Perkins and Rhondo will be solid for sure but there youth is not whats carrying them to this title. The vets will be retired or leave via free agency. This is going down just like Riley's Heat.

Boston will be the next Heat.

I really think this team is gonna be one and done. Not only will they be older next year, but all the other teams are gonna bring it to them for being the champs.

Unless of course Stern directs all the C's reffing for them in all their season games like they did for this entire series.

I would give big props for someone to replay all the boston steals and I bet half of them were arm slaps. Though I'm well aware the other half was bad passes.

They won't have nearly as much intensity next season as they did this.

Look at Detroit.

They have their ring. They didn't look too disappointed after they got eliminated.

Are Pierce and Allen any different personality-wise than Prince and Hamilton. Same guys, except Prince plays D, Pierce O.

Garnett is who fired them up this season. He almost peetered out during this playoff run. Does he have it for next season? Or is he going to be chillin' on the beach at the 'bu trying to de-stress himself?

They just make me laugh. Its like watching the Comedy Network.

Re: We're One and Done According to Laker Fans
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »

Offline dobbs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 1
Whole post is a giant laugh.

The Celtics showed no signs of slippage at any point due to age.  They will be well poised to win it again next year.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Pitiful does not even begin to describe these losers.  My favorite comment is that at least half of the steals were the result of Celtic slaps on the arms.  They are so desperately looking for anything that would make them feel better.  BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Why am I not surprised.

KG peetered out?  Did they not watch game 6?

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:41:21 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Straight up sour grapes from the lake-show...Who cares, we are THE CHAMPS!
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:42 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Straight up sour grapes from the lake-show...Who cares, we are THE CHAMPS!

Exactly.

We've put up with their constant whining and complaining for two weeks.  I'm done with that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »

Offline Riles335

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Why do you even pay attention to this crap? I know its funny but its just down right pathetic. I hope they realize that they attempted more free throws then us last night.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why do you even pay attention to this crap? I know its funny but its just down right pathetic. I hope they realize that they attempted more free throws then us last night.

I just find it funny.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Laker fans wich Boston is one and done. This team is built for a 3-4 year run. Last summer, who honestly thought the C's would take it the first time around?

I thought the C's holes would be too big, until the plugged in 1 or 2 more pieces during this coming off season, pulling from a crop of great role players.

The Lakers are built for 5 years, then Kobe will decline.

I think we're going to see one more match up between these 2 teams in the next couple years.  ;D

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Even if they're right....Who really cares right now?

If it's another 22 years before the Celtics win another championship it won't take a [dang] thing away from what these guys accomplished this season.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
We'll let the Lakers cling to the hope of Bynum based on a half of a season of good play will be the next Shaq. Was not at all impressed with the Lakers. They will not win a championship with the way they played or acted in the finals this season.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
So did you know we are a one year wonder? The next Miami Heat. Just ask Laker fans. From everybody's favourite site:

We are built to win multiple championships. Boston will be a 2nd round exit next year at best.

The problem that the Lakers have is that, while they are young and a good team, and have a promising future, they still need to come out of the West.  Utah, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio.... these are all teams that could give the Lakers problems on their way back to the Finals.  And don't count out the Blazers, who have a young center of their own and a very promising future.

On the other hand, the Celtics have a nice window of opportunity over the next couple of years (barring big shake-ups in the East).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Fakers fans are just that - Fakers.  A lowly bunch in denial; this is the only way they know how to respond.

Let them indulge in their self-foolery.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »

Offline Masspike21

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
What do laker fans know anyways.  According to them and the national media we were suppose to witness Kobe dropping 50 every game, and the lakers winning the Championship.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
We'll let the Lakers cling to the hope of Bynum based on a half of a season of good play will be the next Shaq. Was not at all impressed with the Lakers. They will not win a championship with the way they played or acted in the finals this season.

The Andrew Bynum hope is fools gold. Effort wise, he will be the next Mark Blount when he gets his payday. However, he has one more year before they can extend him. So I expect a big time effort next year. Then the curtain drops on this so called Laker dynasty in the making.