Author Topic: ESPN: Tiger Woods out until 2009  (Read 2273 times)

ESPN: Tiger Woods out until 2009
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
ESPN just reported that Tiger needs more surgery on his bad knee and also has a stress fracture in the same leg. He is done for the year.

So much for he was faking.

Re: ESPN: Tiger Woods out until 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
wow and he still took it down. the greatest.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Tiger is indeed the greatest.

Here's hoping he heals and wins the slam.

As other golfers compete against each other Tiger competes against history.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Makes his performance last week even more memorable.

This is a HUGE blow for golf.  The primetime US Open drama was the greatest thing that could've happened to the sport.  Now it is going to take awhile to get it back.  Good luck making the comeback Tiger.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
This seriously blew my mind.  Unreal.  Unbelievable.  Incredible.  This does not happen. 

I can relate very well... My last round of golf was 8 weeks ago.  About 13 holes in my knee started hurting an awful lot while walking between shots, but was holding up okay while swinging.  The pain was still there a couple weeks ago and I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with "Chrondomalacia of the patella" (I bruised the deep thigh tissue where it meets the knee cap, which caused a softening and blistering of the tissue around my knee).  This was my left knee, like Tiger.  Like I said, I could swing alright... but the 6-7 holes I played while walking with the pain was miserable. 

Tiger just played through 91.  Swings about 25 MPH faster than I do.  Torques his body and pressures his knee about 10 times what I do.  And his injury was significantly more serious than mine.

Oh yeah, and he did it while winning the hardest tournament of the year.

This is absolutely insane.  This is the flu game, Kirk's home run, and Willis Reed rolled into one. 

I am pretty bummed he will miss the rest of the year... but this win added a ton to his legend.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'm not a diehard Tiger fan, but I've watched him every here and there, and I hope he gets better.

Well, the golf TV ratings certainly won't be the best this year.

Who knows, a new star might come out and win the other majors remaining.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Correction..... ruptured ACL, since LAST YEARS British Open, AND a double fracture of his tibia.  My god....

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.