Author Topic: Guess what ... the draft is in 8 days!  (Read 11252 times)

Guess what ... the draft is in 8 days!
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:39:51 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Can you guys believe there are only 8 days between the end of our season and the draft?  Last year it seemed like an eternity!  How sweet it is!  Can you imagine Danny having to focus on evaluating players while the finals are going on?

Re: Guess what ... the draft is in 8 days!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Can you imagine Danny having to focus on evaluating players while the finals are going on?
Gives the man something to do. I imagine he has a lot of free time during the playoffs. The scouts and co. would have even more free time.

You gotta love NBA scheduling. There's always something to look forward to. Here comes the draft, then summer league, then free agency. Lots of fun.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
It is unreal that the draft is so close. I could get used to this feeling over the next few years.

The big question is What Gem will Danny uncover this year?

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:45:21 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Can you imagine Danny having to focus on evaluating players while the finals are going on?
Gives the man something to do. I imagine he has a lot of free time during the playoffs. The scouts and co. would have even more free time.

You gotta love NBA scheduling. There's always something to look forward to. Here comes the draft, then summer league, then free agency. Lots of fun.

...especially if your team plays in the finals...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:46:11 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i'm actually looking forward to this draft more than any draft for a long time because last year we were heartbroken after missing a top 2 pick other years our picks haven't been in great positions but this year we're the 30th pick and champions and we can watch other people strive to get to where we're at. good times.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »

Offline tance

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Actually I know one of the guys who works for Danny.  My friend (who I saw on TV on the edges of the celebration last night) had to leave an event we were at to go scout college tryouts/tourneys in the middle of April with Danny (when the season was locked up but before the playoffs).  I am looking forward to seeing what they found.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
i'm actually looking forward to this draft more than any draft for a long time because last year we were heartbroken after missing a top 2 pick other years our picks haven't been in great positions but this year we're the 30th pick and champions and we can watch other people strive to get to where we're at. good times.

Couldn't agree more.  This offseason and even the next regular season is just going to be so much fun.  The whole process is a lot more satisfying when you're on the top of the mountain and teams are gonna be trying to knock you down.  Eighteen here we come!
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I want Bill Walker.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I heard he had a great workout with Detroit and I expect him to go right before our pick.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I heard he had a great workout with Detroit and I expect him to go right before our pick.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
I just can't wait to hear the announcers say, with the 30th pick, the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS Select....

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I can see Danny nabbing someone like DeVon Hardin: established college player, stand-up act, knows how to play the game. Also feels a need by being a long shot-blocker off the bench.

This being said, I think it is critical to bring back Posey and House. Likely Tony Allen too, since there likely won't be a better player that we can afford to sign.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
RealGM says Detroit has made a promise to take Walker if he's available.

Alex Ajinca, the kid from France, sounds intriguing. 7 foot 1, skinny as a rail right now, but likes to bang and mix it up. Lots of athleticism and potential.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 02:28:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
RealGM says Detroit has made a promise to take Walker if he's available.

Alex Ajinca, the kid from France, sounds intriguing. 7 foot 1, skinny as a rail right now, but likes to bang and mix it up. Lots of athleticism and potential.
Enough of the p-word right now. You can't bench Garnett and Perk to develop talent.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:41:17 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
A pick I would really like to see the Celtics make if he falls to them in the second round is Bryce Taylor.  I have seen him play since he played at Harvard West Lake high school in LA.  He really has a great jump shot, and he is a little small for the 2 guard spot but is incredibly athletic.  He is the son of former Jazz player Brian Taylor.  Because of this he has some great court vision and a good defensive understanding of the game.  He was a standout for Oregon when they had some other talent there two years ago, and then this past season teams keyed down on him as the ducks only threat and he struggled.  I saw flashes of his ability this past year though and his defense never left so i think he still has the tools. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16