Author Topic: Anyone have a problem with KG's postgame interview?  (Read 5593 times)

Anyone have a problem with KG's postgame interview?
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:01:17 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Have read elsewhere on the internet - seems a lot of people had a problem with it or didn't like it.

I thought it came off as raw emotion after finally reaching the top of the mountain.

Was just wondering everyone elses thoughts . . .

Re: Anyone have a problem with KG's postgame interview?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Honestly, I could not care less what KG or anyone said after the game.  I recommend we let all of this crap lie today and we focus all of our energy on what a great team this is and on what phonies the Fakers and their fans are.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Honestly, I could not care less what KG or anyone said after the game.  I recommend we let all of this crap lie today and we focus all of our energy on what a great team this is and on what phonies the Fakers and their fans are.

Wasn't trying to bring up any crap . . . just was wondering what everyone's perspective was on it.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
loved his interview and it was the moment where he screamed "anything's possible" and cried that made my eyes go all watery. great, great moment.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:12:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Those guys were under so much pressure to be in nine different places at nine different times for commitments with various interviews, press conferences, trophy presentations, they were barely allowed to even enjoy the locker room celebration.  I saw about 10 different sides of KG last night after the game.

Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
No. It was raw and emotional but thats KG. Now I would have interviewed Ray first cause you know he'd be the calmest but I enjoyed the KG interview. Sour grapes on the part of those fans.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
In a word, no.

Champs, baby.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »

Offline Mon

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
My only problem...it was too short...could've listened to him for hours!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Nope, no problem here.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Any interview with multiple bleeps is fine with me - though I was yelling at Michelle Tafoya to just leave the poor guy alone with his emotions.  I love KG because he's a world-class athlete who never lost the sheer joy of playing and winning that an 8-year-old kid has, and the interview just showed that.  I'd've been disappointed if he'd kept his composure, to be honest.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:49 AM »

Offline Siggy

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
No, no problem at all!

Remember when Bird's first one was 'for French Lick' and in 84 said 'this one's for Terre Haute.' A few people were a little ticked about that, like he was ignoring the Boston fans.

KG has had a lot built up over a lot of years and he's entitled to shout out to whoever he wants. I'm just happy he's here.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »

Offline radiodavidm

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6

Wasn't trying to bring up any crap . . . just was wondering what everyone's perspective was on it.

I can't remember ever seeing a group of athletes so genuinely overwhelmed by attaining a championship.  From KG to PP to Doc - everyone was just completely genuine, just like this team has been all season. 

Having watched or listened to almost every game of this season, I saw them consistently resist "celebrating" each victory in any way other than acknowledging it as part of a larger process, keeping their eyes on that Final prize.  Thinking of the New Three each waiting 10+ years to even get in the position to win a championship, not to mention the self-denial and discipline that went into accomplishing it this season, I was impressed that KG was able to talk at all when his lifetime dream finally came true.  To me every word he and PP and everyone else said was perfect!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 11:21:35 AM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I thought it was beautiful. In an age where people complain that these athletes don't care. How can you complain about that?

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »

Offline joebianca

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
If there's any Celtic fan (or anyone else) complaining about KG shouting out the places that brought him to this point, he or she is a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. Period. I have way more respect for him for not forgetting where he came from, rather than just pretending he's been a Celtic forever. How can you have a problem with the guy making sure everyone along the way knows that he hasn't forgotten about them?!

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:42 PM »

Offline purapirata

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
edit
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:06:01 PM by wdleehi »