Author Topic: Stuart Scott and David Stern Getting Booed?  (Read 8122 times)

Re: Stuart Scott and David Stern Getting Booed?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 10:34:51 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
That was an unbelievable night.  The Dee-FENSE chant during the ceremony was awesome.  My ears were still ringing this morning.  Felt like I had been at a Metallica concert.  The noise level in that building was incredible. 

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
 Stern is right up there with Pitino and Wallace in extending the 22 year championship drought. Not getting a salary cap exception after Reggie died was huge.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline BlountTrauma30

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
the crowd was actually chanting Boo-urns

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »

Offline Blood Sweat and Bears

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 5
Best part of the trophy ceremony, had to be when someone (I think it was Doc) mentioned "defense," and the whole crowd started the "De-Fense!!!" chant.

By far.... that was awesome, and the players loved it. loved it. I'd like to hear some more DE-fENSE! CHANTS tomorrow at the parade. so sweet.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
the crowd was actually chanting Boo-urns

lol, classic Simpsons reference

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:41 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Stern is right up there with Pitino and Wallace in extending the 22 year championship drought. Not getting a salary cap exception after Reggie died was huge.

Wow, that memory is painful!   :'(
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
It looked like Stern thought he was being booed (he stuttered in his speech and then came to an abrupt halt) until someone said to him the crowd were chanting "Truth" as Pierce was about to be handed the MVP. The relief on his face was something else.

heh, that was an awkward, funny moment.  ;D

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 01:30:58 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Stern definitely got booed. Scott was making fun of Boston accent's after the game, so he must have got booed.

Another talking head who I would have booed before this series is Jon Barry. He had a chance to be a Celtic but he choose to be a loser instead. Now he is singing the Celtics praises. I'm unsure now whether I should hate  him and his unibrow or forgive him for seeing the light.

Why hate any announcer?

I don't know, I'm all right with Jon Barry. He was wearing a 'Gino' shirt and dancing in the 3rd quarter, which I thought was pretty funny. Not sure if they caught it on TV.

Jon Barry has been great all finals. He has been calling out the Lakers for their pathetic D and saying our D is just too much for the Lakers to handle.

Did they show his Gino T-shirt during the broadcast? They showed him on the Jumbotron like 4 times in the 2nd half in his Gino shirt.

I was surprised by the Stuart Scott booing. Then again, I'm not a big announcer hater. I'm not much of a hater in general.

The Stern booing was less surprising (though embarrassing) for 2 reasons:
1. Stern comes across as very arrogant in every interview he does.
2. There are a lot of nutjobs in Boston who like to blame all Celtics misfortunes on Stern conspiracies.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 01:55:53 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Compare Stern's Kobe MVP speech in LA to his in Boston. He was basically saying how great the Lakers were but that there could only be one champ, so, oh well, here you go... Stern had a whole scripted deal for Kobe about how great he was, etc. Not a big deal, just something I noticed.
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39:26 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I was at the game, and then watched the re-broadcast at 3AM, and the announcer, (before either one of them spoke), said they were going to award the MVP, so for both Stuart Scott and David Stern, the crowd was chanting: "Truth ... Truth ... Truth" which sounded like boos, but was not.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 04:40:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Stern getting booed was the result of continued animosity between Celtics fans and him.  I was laughing my butt off when it happened.

Stuart Scott got booed because he's Stuart Scott and he's was kind've the figurepiece for all those ESPN clowns singing the praise of Kobe and the Lakers before the series.

The "De-Fense" chant was a great moment.

I gotta agree with Donoghus. 

I would have booed Stuart Scott just because I associate him with the Kobe suckfest over at ESPN.  I was sick of it.  "Best player in the universe" thing got tired real quick. 

ANd David Stern isn't very popular right now.  With the ref thing and the Sonics thing.  And his speech was pretty lame from what I remember.  Basically said, "well there can only be one" and reluctantly handed it to Boston.

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
I was at the game, and then watched the re-broadcast at 3AM, and the announcer, (before either one of them spoke), said they were going to award the MVP, so for both Stuart Scott and David Stern, the crowd was chanting: "Truth ... Truth ... Truth" which sounded like boos, but was not.

So I guess the Fat Kid and I were the only two who were booing Stern.  And, oh yeah, there was that group of guys behind the Fat Kid, and the two guys to my right...and everyone else in our section and the next two sections over.  And even though it might have sounded like "Good luck!", the guy in the front row was yelling "You suck!" when Stern finished.

As for Stuart Scott, we were walking into the Garden at the same time he was before the game.  He was getting booed then.

BTW, during the Greek Council scene in Animal House, the Deltas were NOT telling Greg Marmalade "GOOD JOB (cough cough)"
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

So I guess the Fat Kid and I were the only two who were booing Stern.  And, oh yeah, there was that group of guys behind the Fat Kid, and the two guys to my right...and everyone else in our section and the next two sections over.  And even though it might have sounded like "Good luck!", the guy in the front row was yelling "You suck!" when Stern finished.

As for Stuart Scott, we were walking into the Garden at the same time he was before the game.  He was getting booed then.

BTW, during the Greek Council scene in Animal House, the Deltas were NOT telling Greg Marmalade "GOOD JOB (cough cough)"

Yep, Stern was getting boo'd in 306 too.

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 07:17:39 AM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8

Ummm, not true. Here is your video evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaHqafoNXmo

2:55 mark.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 08:13:01 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
no i'm pretty sure it was boos. we're not the only ones that hate stern.

Become Legendary.