Author Topic: Stuart Scott and David Stern Getting Booed?  (Read 8121 times)

Stuart Scott and David Stern Getting Booed?
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
On TV, it seemd like these two guys got booed during the trophy celebration. Was anyone there to add some insight to this? As if my night could not have been any better, these two people getting booed would, in the words of Nigel Tufnel, take the night to an eleven. Anyone have any insight?
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: Stuart Scott and David Stern Getting Booed?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:19:41 AM »

Offline I Am A Boston Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Stern was getting booed cause, by all accounts, he has been a bit dodgy lately.

As for Stuart Scott.....I didn't hear any boos directed at him.....can't see why he would get booed.....he's loved down under.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
They both definately got boo'd, at least from what I could hear from sec 306 ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:22:27 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Uh, i dont think it requires much insight....these two guys are just annoying.  One is a smug s.o.b, and the other as obnoxious as they come.

I'll let you figure out which one is which.

I'm in agreeance with you that this made the night somewhat sweeter (is that possible?)

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:24:34 AM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
That was great. Couldn't have happened to two more deserving guys.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:32:19 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Stern definitely got booed. Scott was making fun of Boston accent's after the game, so he must have got booed.

Another talking head who I would have booed before this series is Jon Barry. He had a chance to be a Celtic but he choose to be a loser instead. Now he is singing the Celtics praises. I'm unsure now whether I should hate  him and his unibrow or forgive him for seeing the light.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I was at the game, their mics must not have picked up much of the crowd, because the boos for both of them, especially Stern, were deafening. And I am proud to say that I definitely took part in booing both of them.

Best part of the trophy ceremony, had to be when someone (I think it was Doc) mentioned "defense," and the whole crowd started the "De-Fense!!!" chant.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:33:38 PM by Celtic »

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
It looked like Stern thought he was being booed (he stuttered in his speech and then came to an abrupt halt) until someone said to him the crowd were chanting "Truth" as Pierce was about to be handed the MVP. The relief on his face was something else.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Yeah, that is when he gave Paul the MVP. But earlier when he gave out the trophy to ownership, he was certainly booed.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
You sure they weren't calling out Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu to Stuart Scott.  It was all he could do at halftime to control himself. I never saw him so giddy.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57:36 AM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
Stern definitely got booed. Scott was making fun of Boston accent's after the game, so he must have got booed.

Another talking head who I would have booed before this series is Jon Barry. He had a chance to be a Celtic but he choose to be a loser instead. Now he is singing the Celtics praises. I'm unsure now whether I should hate  him and his unibrow or forgive him for seeing the light.

I don't know, I'm all right with Jon Barry. He was wearing a 'Gino' shirt and dancing in the 3rd quarter, which I thought was pretty funny. Not sure if they caught it on TV.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
It looked like Stern thought he was being booed (he stuttered in his speech and then came to an abrupt halt) until someone said to him the crowd were chanting "Truth" as Pierce was about to be handed the MVP. The relief on his face was something else.

He knew he was getting booed, the whole crowd was on him. Sitting in the stands at the end of the third quarter, when it became obvious who was going to win, I realized I was finally going to be able to let David Stern know what I think of him. Apparently, everyone else in the Garden felt the same way I did, and Stern did not seem to happy about it.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
i think stern got booed because there is probably something to the ref ellegations of the league office influencing the outcome of games through the officiating.  furthermore, we are already first hand witnesses to his fixing of the 2007 lottery. 

c'mon people we could still have AJ and Gomes and telfair plus the number 1 pick from last year.

Just kidding - go celts #17

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I was at the game, there mics must not have picked up much of the crowd, because the boos for both of them, especially Stern, were deafening. And I am proud to say that I definitely took part in booing both of them.

Best part of the trophy ceremony, had to be when someone (I think it was Doc) mentioned "defense," and the whole crowd started the "De-Fense!!!" chant.

I was there and absolutely partook in the booing of Stern.  Because despite he and Bennet Salvatore's best efforts, we still won game 6 in Detroit and this series.

It was also awesome when we started chanting De-Fense. 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Stern getting booed was the result of continued animosity between Celtics fans and him.  I was laughing my butt off when it happened.

Stuart Scott got booed because he's Stuart Scott and he's was kind've the figurepiece for all those ESPN clowns singing the praise of Kobe and the Lakers before the series.

The "De-Fense" chant was a great moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team